The following are series specific rules. The club’s general racing framework can be found here: Race Series Format.
The 2012 Slot.it Challenge will consist of four, three-month long race series held over a period of one year. Each race series will run every other week for a total of six races per quarter.
- First Quarter: 60’s Prototypes
- Chaparral 2E
- Ford GT
- Second Quarter: 70’s Prototypes
- Alfa Romeo 33/3
- Ferrari 312PB
- Third Quarter: Group C 80’s & 90’s
- Jaguar XJR6, XJR9 & XJR12
- Lancia LC2 & LC2/85
- Mazda 787B
- Porsche 956 & 962
- Sauber C9 Mercedes
- Toyota 88C
- Forth Quarter: Le Mans 90’s GT
- Ferrari F40
- McLaren F1 GTR
- Nissan R390 GT1 & LT
- No modifications to the body are allowed unless otherwise specified.
- No lexan cockpits are allowed – all cars must have hard plastic interiors.
- Body must start every race with all major parts intact including windows and wings.
- Antennas, mirrors, wipers, tow hooks, and other small, protruding parts from the body are not required.
- Wings must always be in place during green flag conditions. If wing becomes detached from a car, the wing must be refitted to the car under green flag conditions. The race will not stop for a wing incident. If the driver fails to replace the wing before the end of the heat, a 10 lap penalty will be imposed and laps will not count onwards until the wing is re-placed. If the wing becomes detached in the last 5 seconds of the race (Equivalent to the last lap) no penalty will be imposed.
- If white body kit is used, exterior of body must be painted with at least one coat of paint.
- Body screws are open choice, they must be taped over to prevent loss during the race. The tape may not control body or pod movement. If a screw falls off the car, a 5 lap penalty will be imposed if the screw causes an issue with a competitor’s car.
- Light kits are permitted, but are not mandatory. Removal of body material for light installation should be kept to a minimum. IE – a hole that allows the LED to be shown is acceptable, but a complete cutting off/removal of a head light bucket is not acceptable. “Too much” will be dictated by the scrutineer.
- No modifications to chassis allowed unless otherwise specified.
- Chassis must be of type intended for body.
- All Slot.it chassis, except HRS & HRS2 are accepted. The removal of pod cut-outs is allowed. Replacement chassis must be assembled according to Slot.it’s specifications.
- Only flashing on chassis may be removed to allow better floating of the body. If you can see material had been removed you have gone too far.
- Front axle lower adjustment caps may be left in place, glued in place, or completely removed. Caps may be sanded, but any modification to the upper axle loops is prohibited.
- All Slot.it guides are allowed.
- Pick-up braids are free choice.
- Traction magnets are not allowed.
- Ballast is allowed. Ballast must be above the chassis pan / inside the car. No ballast is allowed under the chassis pan. Ballast may be glued or taped. Ballast should not be visible from the outside of the car. If ballast finds its way off the car, a 5 lap penalty will be imposed if ballast causes an issue with a competitor’s car.
- Lead wires are free choice, but must not be used to control front axle ride height.
- Slot.it independent front axle kit is permitted.
- Wheel/tire must not protrude outside of the body when viewed from above, no exceptions. This includes axle float.
- Only Slot.it orange end-bell motors are allowed.
- Factory shipped motor orientation is mandatory (i.e. If the car was shipped as sidewinder it needs to remain as sidewinder).
- Motor pod used must be the same type shipped from factory (i.e. non-offset on a Lancia LC2; offset on a Toyota 88C).
- The motor pod may not protrude below the chassis.
- Only flashing may be removed from motor pod to allow better float. Excessive removal of material is not permitted.
- Slot.it stop collars may be used for the rear axle assembly. Spacers/washers are allowed and are open choice.
- Slot.it CH14 (stock) spherical bushings are mandatory, and may not be glued into the pod. No tape may be used to control pod float. Tape may be used on pods screws to prevent them falling out only.
- Only Slot.it gears and pinions are allowed.
- Gear ratio is free choice.
- Modifications to gears and pinions are not allowed.
- All Slot.it wheels are permitted.
- Wheel size should be the same shipped from factory (i.e. PA17 Family wheels on older Group-C models; PA43 on newer Grop-C models).
- Slot.it wheel inserts are mandatory. Inserts may be interchanged from different models.
- Modifications to the wheels are not allowed.
- All slot.it axles are allowed.
- Modifications to the axles are not allowed.
- Only Slot.it tires are allowed.
- Tires may be not be glued.
- Tires may be trued and have their edges rounded.
- No traction compounds are allowed.
- The series will be raced at 11 Volts.
- If it is not mentioned it is not legal.
- These rules were written to create a fair event and not for racers to look for loopholes.