The following are series specific rules. The club’s general racing framework can be found here: Race Series Format.
The rules for this series were based on the Slot Car Illustrated Touring Car Championship. The idea is to familiarize club members on how to setup a slot car for a proxy racing series.
Entrance fee per race is $5 for ASCC members, and $10 for non-members.
Any modification not specifically detailed below is not allowed.
- 1.1: Any Injection molded or resin bodied car from the approved list that was marketed as a 1/32 scale Ready-to-Run (RTR) slot car. No vacuum formed or blow molded bodies. Cars are required to have been in actual real world (1:1 scale) production AFTER January 1, 1998 (AFTER January 1, 2003 if entering the proxy series).
- Alfa 156 GTA
- Audi A4 DTM
- Audi TT DTM
- BMW E 46 3 Series, 2 or 4 door
- Ford Focus
- Ford Falcon
- Holden Commodore
- Honda Accord
- Honda Civic Type-R
- Hyundai Accent
- Mercedes C-class DTM
- Mercedes CLK DTM
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
- Opel Astra
- Opel Vectra
- Opel V8 DTM Coupe
- Peugeot 406 Coupe
- SEAT Leon
- Subaru Imprezza WRX STI
- Volvo S60R
- 1.2: Chassis and body must be a naturally mated RTR set from the same manufacturer. No HRS/ HRS2. No chassis or body swapping with another model is allowed. Chassis may be braced, reinforced or strengthened. Minor trimming is allowed for body float. Chassis cutting, chopping, sawing or drilling is not allowed. Body screws should be taped to prevent loss.
- 1.3: Guide may not project beyond the body when aligned for straight, as viewed from directly above.
- 1.4: Cars must have sufficient ground clearance to permit free running without contacting track. Cars which drag on the track may be excluded at the track owners’ discretion.
- 1.5: Clear window material must be used where the real car has clear material.
- 1.6: Racing numbers must be visible in three places on body. Racing numbers must match. Bodies may be painted in fantasy or realistic liveries. Non-decorated cars (for example plain white kits) are not allowed.
- 1.7: Headlights and tail lights are required, but are not required to actually illuminate.
- 1.8: Interior must include, at minimum, dashboard top. Rear shelf is required under rear window, if car has a rear window. Driver figure must be included. If vacuum formed, must be of reasonable detail and proportion. Champion style and paper drivers are not permitted.
- 1.9: Maximum weight limit is 105 Gm. Minimum weight limit is 80 Gm. Maximum width is 2.44″ (62mm).
2. Wheels and Tires
- 2.1: Tires may not project beyond the body when the car is at rest on a level track, as viewed from directly above.
- 2.2: Reasonable scale appearing inserts are required in all wheels, unless the wheels have scale appearance and detail. Blank disc wheels, and wheels pierced with simple holes, must be covered with inserts. For example, Kai’s multi-hole “Alfa” wheels, SCC Super Wheels with lugs, and CBD wheels have sufficient detail to be permitted without inserts, but anything with less detail must have inserts.
- 2.3: Minimum wheel size is nominal 15mm diameter over center-rib, or a scale 16″ (.500″) diameter over visible part of rim with tire mounted (simulating a nominal 15″ wheel), unless actual car raced with smaller wheels. Slot.It F1 wheels are not allowed, unless the actual car raced with 13″-14″ nominal diameter rims.]
- 2.4: Slot.It Low Profile Zero Grips (SIPT-015) tires, and others of that size are prohibited, due to non-scale appearance. Min front tire diameter is 17mm.
- 2.5: Minimum front tire width is 8mm. Front tires may be profiled so that a narrower area contacts the track, but must otherwise be full width.
- 2.6: Front tires may be of any rubber/urethane compound. Silicon tires are expressly forbidden. Tires must appear to be black. Clear finish may be applied to tire tread area.
- 2.7: Rear tires allowed are: NSR Supergrip or Slot.it N22. No chemical treatment (such as oil soaking) is permitted.
- 3.1: Any commercially available sealed-can slot car motor that produces less than 25K rpm at 12 Volts is allowed. No rewinds or “mod motors” allowed.
- 3.2: Magnetic down force from motor may not exceed 30 grams as checked with a Magnet Marshal, exclusive of car weight.
- 3.3: Motor can be glued/taped/screwed in place. Pods can be taped or glued to restrict movement.
- 4.1: Wheels, tires, gears, axles, guides, braids, wires, and bearings may be modified or replaced by any manufacturer’s parts. All-wheel drive, and multiple motors, may be used only if the actual car used them.
- 4.2: Weight/ballast can be added to the car but must be contained on the inside of the body.
- 4.3: Spring and magnetic suspension packages are allowed as long as no cutting of the chassis is required.
- 4.4: No traction magnets allowed.
- 4.5: Bushings can be glued into place.
- 4.6: Slot Car Corner’s adjustable front axle mounts can be installed.
- 4.7: B-Nova guide and motor adapters can be installed.
Please use the forums if you have any question or sugestions regarding this series.