Series Manager: Marty; Ass. Manager: David.
Draft rules for 2015 Group 5.
- Porsche 935 (includes the 935-77, 935-78 known as the Moby-Dick and the customer Kremer K3 and K4 and the JLP variation)
- BMW 320i Turbo
- Toyota Celica LB Turbo (RA22) (1st generation)
- Dome Celica Turbo (RA45) (2nd generation)
- TOM’S Corolla G5 (A40)
- Nissan Skyline RS Silhouette Formula
- Nissan Nichira Impul Silvia (two nose variations)
- Mazda RX-7 252i
- Mazda RX-7 253/253i/253SR
- Mazda RX-7 254/254i
- Nissan Bluebird SSS Turbo
- BMW 3.0 CSL
- BMW M1
- Lancia Stratos Turbo
- Lancia Beta Montecarlo Turbo
- Ferrari 512BB LM
- Zakspeed Ford Capri Turbo
- Ford Escort Zakspeed
- Zakspeed Lotus Europa Gr.5
- Greenwood Widebody Corvette
Body and Chassis
- 1.1: Chassis and body do not have to be naturally mated RTR set from the same manufacturer. Podded & universal chassis are allowed. Chassis may be braced, reinforced or strengthened. Minor trimming is allowed for body float. Body screws should be taped to prevent loss.
- 1.2: Chassis may be modified to accept front axle mounts (SCC) or guide modifiers (B-NOVA).
- 1.3: Guide may not project beyond the body when aligned for straight, as viewed from directly above.
- 1.4: Cars must have sufficient ground clearance to permit free running without contacting track. Cars which drag on the track may be excluded at the track owners’ discretion.
- 1.5: Clear window material must be used where the real car has clear material.
- 1.6: Racing numbers must be visible in three places on body. Racing numbers must match. Bodies may be painted in fantasy or realistic liveries. Non-decorated cars (for example plain white kits) are not allowed.
- 1.7: Body (including interior) minimum weight is 20 grams. Interior must include, at minimum, dashboard top. Rear shelf is required under rear window, if car has a rear window. Driver figure must be included. If vacuum formed, must be of reasonable detail and proportion. Champion style and paper drivers are not permitted.
- 1.8: Maximum weight limit is 105 Gm. Minimum weight limit is 70 Gm. Maximum width is 2.60″ (62mm).
Wheels and Tires
- 2.1: Tires may not project beyond the body when the car is at rest on a level track, as viewed from directly above.
- 2.2: Reasonable scale appearing inserts are required in all wheels, unless the wheels have scale appearance and detail. Blank disc wheels, and wheels pierced with simple holes, must be covered with inserts.
- 2.3: Minimum wheel size is nominal 15mm diameter over center-rib, or a scale 16″ (.500″) diameter over visible part of rim with tire mounted (simulating a nominal 15″ wheel), unless actual car raced with smaller wheels. F1 style wheels are not allowed, unless the actual car raced with 13″-14″ nominal diameter rims.
- 2.4: Minimum front tire width is 8mm. Front tires may be profiled so that a narrower area contacts the track, but must otherwise be full width.
- 2.5: Maximum rear tire width is 12mm.
- 2.6: Front tires may be of any rubber/urethane compound. Silicon tires are expressly forbidden. Tires must appear to be black. Clear finish may be applied to tire tread area.
- 2.7: No chemical treatment (such as oil soaking) is permitted.
- 3.1: Any commercially available, up to 30K RPM at 12 volts, sealed-can slot car motor is allowed. No rewinds or “mod motors” allowed.
- 3.2: Magnetic down force from motor may not exceed 30 grams as checked with a Magnet Marshal, exclusive of car weight.
- 3.3: Motor can be glued/taped/screwed in place. Pods can be taped or glued to restrict movement.
- 4.1: Wheels, tires, gears, axles, guides, braids, wires, and bearings may be modified or replaced by any manufacturer’s parts that are readily available to all competitors. All-wheel drive, and multiple motors, may be used only if the actual car used them.
- 4.2: Weight/ballast can be added to the car but must be contained on the inside of the body.
- 4.3: Spring and magnetic suspension packages are allowed.
- 4.4: No traction magnets allowed.
The series will be raced at 11 Volts.
If it is not mentioned it is not legal.
These rules were written to create a fair event and not for racers to look for loopholes.
Please use the forums if you have any question or sugestions regarding this series.