Series Manager: Stephen.
This series will be raced in the first quarter of 2017 (Q1).
Return with us to the days of MTV and Nintendo and the sleek Group C and GTP Prototype race cars. These ultimate sports racers, from the bulletproof Porsche 956/962 to the Jaguars, Toyotas, Nissans, Mazdas, and more, battled for supremacy at Le Mans and Spa and Sebring and racetracks all over the world. Slot cars eligible for this series are limited to any of the Group C/IMSA GTPs from the Slot.it company and tuning options are limited to gears, tires, and general car preparation.
Entrance fee per race is $5 for ASCC members and $10 for non-members.
Any of Slot.it’s Group-C or IMSA models
- Jaguar XJR6, XJR9 & XJR12
- Lancia LC2 & LC2/85
- Mazda 787B
- Porsche 956 & 962 (C/IMSA)
- Sauber C9 Mercedes
- Toyota 88C
- Nissan R89C
- No modifications to the body are allowed unless otherwise specified.
- No lexan cockpits are allowed – all cars must have hard plastic interiors.
- Body must start every race with all major parts intact including windows and wings.
- Antennas, mirrors, wipers, tow hooks, and other small, protruding parts from the body are not required.
- Wings must always be in place during green flag conditions. If wing becomes detached from a car, the wing must be refitted to the car under green flag conditions. The race will not stop for a wing incident. If the driver fails to replace the wing before the end of the heat, a 10 lap penalty will be imposed and laps will not count onwards until the wing is re-placed. If the wing becomes detached in the last 5 seconds of the race (Equivalent to the last lap) no penalty will be imposed.
- If white body kit is used, exterior of body must be painted with at least one coat of paint.
- Body screws are open choice; they must be taped over to prevent loss during the race. The tape may not control body or pod movement. If a screw falls off the car, a 5 lap penalty will be imposed if the screw causes an issue with a competitor’s car.
- Light kits are permitted, but are not mandatory. Removal of body material for light installation should be kept to a minimum. IE – a hole that allows the LED to be shown is acceptable, but a complete cutting off/removal of a head light bucket is not acceptable. “Too much” will be dictated by the scrutineer.
- No modifications to chassis allowed unless otherwise specified.
- All Slot.it chassis accepted (EVO, EVO6, etc.). Replacement chassis must be assembled according to Slot.it’s specifications.
- Chassis must be of type intended for body. The removal of pod cut-outs is allowed.
- Only flashing on chassis may be removed to allow better floating of the body. If you can see material had been removed you have gone too far.
- Front axle lower adjustment caps may be left in place, glued in place, or completely removed. Caps may be sanded, but any modification to the upper axle loops is prohibited.
- All Slot.it guides are allowed.
- Pick-up braids are free choice.
- Traction magnets are not allowed.
- Ballast is allowed. Ballast must be above the chassis pan / inside the car. No ballast is allowed under the chassis pan. Ballast may be glued or taped. Ballast should not be visible from the outside of the car. If ballast finds its way off the car, a 5 lap penalty will be imposed if ballast causes an issue with a competitor’s car.
- Lead wires are free choice, but must not be used to control front axle ride height.
- Slot.it independent front axle kit is permitted.
- Slot.it magnetic suspension is allowed.
- Wheel/tire must not protrude outside of the body when viewed from above, no exceptions – this includes axle float.
- Only Slot.it 21.5K (orange end-bell) motors are allowed.
- Modifications to the motor are not allowed.
- Inline motor orientation is mandatory.
- The motor pod may not protrude below the chassis.
- Only flashing may be removed from motor pod to allow better float. Excessive removal of material is not permitted.
- Slot.it stop collars may be used for the rear axle assembly. Spacers/washers are allowed and are open choice.
- Slot.it CH14 (stock) spherical bushings are mandatory, and may not be glued into the pod. No tape may be used to control pod float. Tape may be used on pods screws to prevent them from falling out.
- Only Slot.it gears and pinions are allowed.
- Gear ratio is free choice.
- Modifications to gears and pinions are not allowed.
- Any Slot.it PA17 family or PA43 family wheel is permitted along with WH1183 and WH1185 wheels.
- Slot.it wheel inserts are mandatory. Inserts may be interchanged from different models.
- Modifications to the wheels are not allowed.
- All slot.it axles are allowed.
- Modifications to the axles are not allowed.
- Only Slot.it tires are allowed.
- Tires may be glued to the wheels.
- Tires may be trued and have their edges rounded.
- No traction compounds are allowed.
Use of Zero-Grip/F30 (front/rear) tires is highly recommended.
The series will be raced at 11 Volts.
If it is not mentioned it is not legal.
These rules were written to create a fair event and not for racers to look for loopholes.