Share this page with:
At the 2017 Annual Meeting the Austin Slot Car Club selected the following racing series for 2018:
- 1st half of 2018: Slot.it Group-C/IMSA.
- Return with us to the days of MTV and Nintendo and the sleek Group C and GTP Prototype race cars. These ultimate sports racers, from the bulletproof Porsche 956/962 to the Jaguars, Toyotas, Nissans, Mazdas, and more, battled for supremacy at Le Mans and Spa and Sebring and racetracks all over the world. Slot cars eligible for this series are limited to any of the Group C/IMSA GTPs from the Slot.it company and tuning options are limited to gears, tires, and general car preparation.
- Manager: David.
- Q1: RevoSlot Porsche 993 GT2.
- In 1996 if you wanted to go endurance racing in the GT2 class you had two options – race a Porsche 911 GT2 or lose. The Porsches were that dominate in the mid-90’s that they won just about every GT2 race and every GT2 series. They were the perfect mix of power, handing and more importantly – durability. The club is looking for the same level of durability in our RevoSlot Porsche 911 GT2 series. The rules are the most simple ever used, aiming to focus more on drivers skill than choice of car or set up.
- Manager: Marty.
- Q2: Thunder Slot Lola T70 MKIII.
- The Lola T70 race car, designed by Eric Broadley, was a hit right out of the box, winning the inaugural Can-Am Challenge in 1966. Developed as both a spyder, as well as a coupe, it proved quite versatile, with a large variety of engines. ThunderSlot cars, founded by Giovanni Montiglio, have proven to be very quick right out of the box. For this one-marque series, cars will run mostly stock with only a few optional parts, this should create a level playing field and fierce competition.
- Manager: Russell.
- 2nd half of 2018: NSR Clio / Punto Rally.
- The Fiat Punto S2000 by Abarth and the Renault Clio by Renault Sport were built to win rally championships. Both cars were evenly matched and spectacular to watch; they not only excited the crowds with their drifting around turns they also sounded fantastic as drivers pushed the cars to the absolute limits. Recreating some of this excitement is the goal of this series. Expect to see some of the same drifting and smell some of the tires burning as they race around the clubs new rally track.
- Manager: Mark.
- Q3: Scaleauto 1/24 GT.
- Things are bigger in Texas, so you want to race bigger things, right? Then join us for the Q3 series as we take the 1/24 Scaleauto cars around the tight track at ASCC. Come run mass at speed and see how you fare with your skills. This is our next GT series with modern cars from FIA WEC, IMSA and PSCC. We look forward to seeing you in Q3.
- Manager: Shawn.
- Q4: Carrera Modern GT.
- Forget about “classic” – this is as Contemporary as it gets! Combining the latest class of highly tuned closed roof race cars from IMSA’s GTLM and GTD, as well as WEC’s LM GTE, the club’s Modern GT Series will feature evenly spec’d slot cars from the Carrera catalog. To lower the cost of participation, all cars are restricted to their original chassis, but guides can be replaced to improve performance. And while talking about enhancing, most of the mechanics can be upgraded in this semi-open series. Are you in?
- Manager: Ary.