Series Manager: Mark.
This series will be raced in the second half of 2018 (H2).
Our 2018 rally-car series will use high performance models from NSR that have a shared chassis used by both the Fiat Abarth Punto 2000, and Renault Clio. Our spec rules will limit modifications so that with the identical platform and similar body characteristics, the race will focus on driver skill and less on engineering. The little Clio has been a favorite rally car in Europe, most notably the British Clio Cup series, typically with an engine producing between 200 to 300 HP. The Fiat Punto, as enhanced with Abarth racing technology, has also been a popular platform, with 250-300hp engines (depending on rules setting the engine size 1.5-2 liters, aspiration (turbocharged or natural) and other constraints. The small size of these cars make them favorites of drivers because they can be easily driven around sharp turns, while fans love them because they represent the agile and economical "daily drivers" that are common in many European counties.
**** Provisional **** Final Rule-set due 05/07/2017 ****
Entrance fee per race is $5 for ASCC members and $10 for non-members.
- NSR Fiat Abarth S2000 Punto (NSR1164, 1030, 1040, 1043, 1057)
- NSR Renault Clio R3 (NSR1011, 1012, 1013, 1014, 1015, 1016, 1025, 1016, 1029, 1035, 1045)
- OEM hard plastic interiors, OEM hard glass.
- Body must start every race with all major parts intact including windows and wings. Antennas, mirrors, wipers, tow hooks, and other small parts are not required.
- Duplicate liveries must be made unique with different race numbers, decals, or wing colors.
- Fantasy liveries allowed – white kits must be painted or decaled and have at least two numbers.
- Body screws: OEM Steel or NSR/Slot.It brass smooth-shank allowed; Optionally taped.
- Light Kits permitted.
- Slight trimming of body in wheel wells allowed for tire clearance. “Excessive” material removal will be determined by Scrutineer.
- Wings must be in place at heat start. Yellow-flags Will be called for wing repair and a 5-second penalty added for each repair. Wings can be taped onto body for repair.
Wing lost in the last lap (#40) has NO penalty.
- NSR 3001 (22k), 3003 (25k) motors are allowed.
- Wrapper required at first tech inspection. Tattoo must be visible if wrapper has ripped.
- Motor modifications (rewinds, magnet substitutions) prohibited.
- M2 grub-screw recommended to secure motor. Gluing allowed.
- Inline or Sidewinder Short-can NSR pods allowed. Pod cannot protrude below the chassis.
- Trimming of pod prohibited.
- Any Hardness allowed – Extra-Hard recommended: Triangle SW Red pod=NSR1264
- Any hardness NSR chassis allowed. Extra-Hard Chassis recommended=NSR1484, 1327
- Modifications to chassis prohibited; unless otherwise specified.
- For sidewinder triangle pod – rear cross-brace must be removed.
- Minor trimming of chassis allowed to fit body. “Excessive” material removal will be determined by Scrutineer.
- Traction magnets prohibited. Ballast allowed, must be above chassis pan ~ inside the car.
- Only NSR guides allowed; Rally Guide Recommended: NSR4842
- Guide must be less than 7mm long.
- Guide spacers allowed/open choice.
- Pick-up braids and motor-lead wires are open choice.
- Only NSR pinions and drive gears allowed. Gear ratio is open choice.
- Front-NSR 5003, Rear-NSR5004 mandatory.
- NSR Rally wheel inserts are mandatory.
- Tires cannot protrude beyond wheel-wells/fenders when viewed from above.
- OEM NSR axles and Oil-lite bushings are mandatory.
- Independent front axle modification allowed.
- Stop Collars and spacers/washers are open. Axle bushings can be glued.
- Front axle height adjustment grub screws are open choice.
- Front-NSR 5226 (18×8), Rear-NSR5206 (supergrip), 5207 (ultra) (19×10) only allowed.
- Tires may be glued; trued; profiled/camphered.
- Traction compounds prohibited.
40 lap heats.
Practice nights announced by series manager; for two weeks prior to race-day.
Direction, lights on/off, and other conditions announced by series manager during race-day practice.
If it is not mentioned – contact Series Manager for legality (BEFORE the first race).