Series Manager: to-be-decided @1/12/21
Period: 4Q-2021; Oct – Dec
Rules under review – Series manager must review Everything
Fees: $5 premium members $10 standard $15 guests.
- NSR Formula 86/89
- Stock hard cockpits Mandatory – custom heads/helmets and steering wheels Permitted!
- Body must start every race with all major parts intact including wings. Antennas, mirrors, other small parts Not-required to be replaced after crash damage.
- White Kits must be painted or otherwise made unique with colors, decals, numbers (To claim a livery, visit this link or email the series manager).
- Body screws Open-Choice (NSR OEM or smooth shank Slot.IT or NSR)
- TBD – Black (medium hardness) chassis Mandatory.
- Chassis may be sanded only enough to facilitate float. Series Manager may disqualify (DQ) car if excessive material is removed.
- NSR guides Permitted: Wood Depth/Screw Post #4859; OEM Snap-In #4841; Long Keel Screw Post #4844; Long Keel Snap-In #4843
- Motor wires and Pick-up braids – Open-Choice.
- Magnets Prohibited. Ballast Permitted; must be inside the chassis pan.
Motor & Pod
- NSR OEM Motor Mandatory King-21 EVO-3; #3023 21.4k Rpm 350gm-Torque
- NSR OEM Extra-Hard Red Inline-configuration Mandatory #1283
- M2 Motor retaining screws (flat-head or grub) Permitted and encouraged. Gluing to pod Permitted.
- Motor pod Prohibited from protruding below chassis more than 0.25mm
- NSR Crowns Permitted: OEM 27z #6327 ALTs: 24z #6324 25z #6325
- NSR Pinions Permitted: OEM 5.5mm Dia-10z #7010 ALTs: Lite #6810; 9z #7009 Lite #6809; 8z #7008 Lite #6808
- Gear Ratios – Open-choice: (@12volts) OEM Wheel-RPM = 21,400/(27/10) = 21,400/2.7 = 7,926 RWrpm
ALTs: 25/9 = 2.78 => 7,698 24/9 = 2.67 => 8,015 25/10 = 2.5 => 8,560 RWrpm
Wheels & Axles
- Front NSR wheels Permitted: OEM #5020 Alum 13mm x 8mm; ALT #5025 Plastic-CNC Ultra-Lite 13mm x 8mm
- Rear NSR wheels Permitted: OEM #5021 Air-System-Alum-2-Rib 13mm x 10mm; ALT #5027 Solid-Rib 13mm x 10mm
- Thunderslot Foam Donuts Permitted to fill Air-System Rib Gap
- NSR wheel inserts Mandatory. #5440, 41, 42, 43
- NSR Solid axles mandatory. Independent front axles prohibited.
- Stop collars, Spacers/washers Permitted & Open-Choice.
- OEM NSR brass bushings Mandatory; gluing Permitted.
- NSR Front Tires Permitted: Zero-Grip/No-Grip/No-Friction OEM #5283 18mmx10mm; #5291 17mmx10mm; #5290 16mmx8mm;
- NSR Rear Tires Permitted: OEM #5284 Supergip 19.5mmx13mm; ALTs 19.5mmx13mm #5285 Ultragrip; #5287; #5288; #5265 “Special” (Black or Red)
- Truing; Gluing; Camfered/rounded; Permitted and encouraged.
- Traction compounds Prohibited
TBD – 12 Volts
Contact Series Manager to discuss legality of your interpretations of the rules. Post questions and suggestions to the Forum NOT via emails 🙂