Series Manager: Mark L/Spyder #21
Period: 2Q-2021; April – June
Draft Rules as of Jan 22 ’21
GT3 is an exciting IMSA-governed racing class that allows “production” cars to be raced on world-class international circuits. The base cars must be offered to the public for sale, although many of them are above the budget of the average car enthusiast. These cars have extraordinary power (500 to 600bhp) and handling in stock form, thus IMSA limits modifications to the engine and suspension, while allowing most of the interior and “consumer” components to be removed to reduce weight, clutter and flammable material. Allowed race equipment includes racecar management electronics, traction-control systems and air-jacks. In person the cars are impressively beautiful, loud and fast! During it’s relatively short history (ca. 2005) approximately 52 cars have been proposed for consideration, with a mouth-watering list of marques such as Aston Martin, Maserati, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, Audi, McLaren, BMW, Mercedes, Bentley and many other brands known for high performance and luxury. America is represented by Vipers, Corvettes, Cadillacs, Mustangs, and Camaros. In 2021 cars legal for the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters (DTM) series will move to GT3 rules.
ASCC’s 2021 series is based on NSR GT3 coupes offered in the current and vintage NSR catalog, with limited modifications to make the cars more race-worthy, while taking advantage of their ready-to-race performance (typical of NSR), and limiting the required investment of team owners.
Entry Fee $5 Premium members; $10 Standard; $15 Guest
- NSR GT-3 cars https://www.nsrslot.it/assets/models/modelli.html
Aston Martin Vantage (ASV) Audi R8 LMS BMW Z4
Corvette C6R Corvette C7R
Mercedes AMG GT3 Porsche 997 GT3
- Required: OEM glass and cockpits. At the start of each weekly Round & all Heats; major body parts (esp. windows, lights, wings) must be intact. Wings must be re-attached for each Heat. Permitted: Wings can be reinforced with ShoeGoo, styrene or rubber.
- Small Vulnerable Parts: antennas, mirrors, wipers, tow-hooks, etc. – do Not have to be replaced after race damage. Permitted – Driver’s legs/feet can be trimmed to prevent contact with motor shaft, axle, ballast or underside of body.
- Options: White Kits must be painted or decaled; Required: three race numbers (both doors plus either -Hood, -Trunk, -Roof, or -Windshield)
**Duplicate Pre-Decorated Liveries must be made unique – either with Different Race Numbers, painted wings or body panels, or decals.
- Prohibited: Tires cannot go past 0.5mm from skirt/fender/wheel-well – when inspected from above
- Required: Chassis – OEM Black/Medium hardness; Drop Arm – Red/Hard (NSR-1234)
- Permitted: Flash may be sanded; and molding nipples removed. Drop arm may be screwed for zero drop. Ballast for tuning weight-distribution and handling.
- Prohibited: Gap with body and chassis exceeding 1mm (credit card thickness)
- Options: NSR Guides -Wood (deep/long) screw mount (NSR-4859) -or- OEM snap-in (NSR-4841)
- Open-Choice: Motor Lead Wires, Grommets, Pick-up braid (i.e not required to be NSR brand)
- Open-Choice: Body (and motor pod) Screws (i.e. may be smooth shank brass screws from Slot.IT or NSR)
- Prohibited: Magnets; ballast below the pan
- Options: (OEM) Shark-25-EVO (NSR-3043; 25K 180GM); Shark-21.5 (NSR-3041; 21.9K 164gm); vintage Shark-22 (NSR-3001; 22.4K 168gm)
- Permitted: If the ‘rapper comes off (dawg!), if the “can tatoo” for Model/RPM is Viewable the motor can pass. Tatoos resist lubes and VooDoo juice.
- Permitted: Shaving the can, on the drive side, near the Spur gear bushing to improve can-to-bushing clearance.
- Prohibited: Changes to the armature, brushes, bushings, magnets.
- Options: Sidewinder Red/Hard (NSR-1264); Black/Medium (NSR-1262) Triangular
- Permitted: Gluing or screwing motor to the pod. Screws are Open-Choice (e.g. M2 grubs or M2 flat-heads can be used)
- Prohibited: Pod protruding below the chassis more than 0.5mm
- Required: NSR brand Sidewinder Drive-gears and Pinions
- Open-Choice: Gear-Ratio
- Required: OEM factory wheels FRONT: (NSR-5003) 17dx8w REAR: (NSR-5004) 17dx10w
- Option: REAR (NSR-5003; Porsche only)
- Required: NSR brand wheel inserts; Type and style are Open-Choice; Permitted: Gluing to prevent fly-offs during crashes.
- Required: NSR brand solid axles; Bushings
- Open-Choice: Stop collars, Spacers/washers
- Prohibited: Independent rotating front axles.
- Options – FRONT: No-Friction/Zero-Grips (NSR-5226) 18dx8w -or- (NSR-5201) 17dx8w
- Options – REAR: (NSR-5230) 20dx11w Supergrip -or- (NSR-5231) 20dx11w Ultragrip
- Permitted: Tires may be glued. ShoeGoo is recommended over CA, which may split Supergrips and Ultragrips.
Tires may be trued and camphered (shoulders rounded).
- Prohibited: Traction Compounds
- Voltage: 11 volts
- Mods Not Mentioned – contact Series Manager for legality (BEFORE the first race). Leave cars at HQ at any date before first race for SM Inspection.
Rules can be discussed in the forum until declared final: Home › Forums › Club Races › Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations › 2021–NSR GT3 (Q2-2021)