1-24 Pit Box Donation July 24 2021-1

Home Forums Slot Car Talk For Sale or Trade 1-24 Pit Box Donation July 24 2021-1

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

1-24 PIT BOX DONATION
      On Sat July 24 a woman donated to ASCC a relative’s wooden Pit Box. It mainly contained 1990s era “flexi” steel chassis 1-32 Whomps and 1-24 Sprints, NASCAR, and static model conversions. There were six flexi-chassis cars and one 1-25 static model conversion on a steel flexi chassis. There was small handful of tools and a track-branded apron. Along with the Pit Box were some shoe boxes with additional Lexan/vacuu-formed bodies (painted and clear), old race rules and flyers and so forth. The pit-box contained several Lexan/vacuu-formed bodies in various states as well as ten Mabuchi style motors, 1-8inch axle crown/spur gears, and a mix of used and NOS 1-24 wheel/tires (most were dry, at least half were used/dry/cracked). Some random decals and parts (brass tubing and piano wire) were in the morass.  Two PARMA resistor controllers were in the top shelf of the Pit-Box.  A box of two complete, highly-detailed 1-25 static NASCAR sedans; an AFX truck and police car; and a handful of styrene 1-32 and 1-24 static models rounded out the contents of the Pit and shoe-boxes.  Rags, random paper pieces, parts bags and tags, and other litter were mixed in with the cars et al.  Some trays from old PLANO boxes contained used hardware (screws, washers, etc.), all having some form of rust, corrosion, or oxidation.
      TOP SHELF CARS AND TOOLS
      ALL BODIES IN THE BOX
      RACE RULES AND FLYERS
      PARMA RESISTOR CONTROLLERS
      MUST BE SOME FRENCH RACETRACK?

Participant

1-24 PIT BOX DONATION-2
      AFX TRUCK AND T-JET COP CAR
      PARMA GUAGE AND VERY BASIC TOOLS
      SOME HARD BODIES FOR RUSSELL
      SOME FULL NASCAR 1-25 STATIC MODELS
      COMPLETE CARS RUSSELL CAN SALVAGE FROM

Participant

1-24 PIT BOX DONATION-3
      PARTS FOR RUSSELL
      MORE PARTS FOR RUSS
      LAXAN BODIES - PAINTED-1
      LEXAN BODIES PAINTED-2
      LEXAN BODIES PAINTED-3
      SEVEN 1-24 AND 1-32 FLEXI CHASSIS CARS-3

Participant

1-24 PIT BOX DONATION-4
      LEXAN BODIES CLEAR-1
      SPRINT CAR SPOILERVERY RARE DECALSSANDPAPER BRASS TUBE AND PIANO WIREYOU CAUGHT ME-THERE ARE PINIONS AND BRAIDS
      YOU CAUGHT ME-THERE ARE SOME BRUSHES

Participant

1-24 PIT BOX DONATION-5
      OLD MABUCHI D-CAN STYLE MOTORS
      1-24 SCALE 1-8IN AXLE FOAM TIRES
      1-24 SCALE 1-8IN AXLE CROWN OR SPUR GEARS

Participant

Yow! That would make for quite a hefty “Junkyard” sale on eBay. Shipping would be a booger, though.

Participant

[postquote quote=16799]
      ERIK – great idea to suggest to the club.  After we pick through it we can post on EBay the remaining either in lots or as a single lot (for between $75 to 90).

Boogers and shipping would be resp. of the buyer …

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BarkingSpyder

At 4-years old in Pensacola I repaired my steering linkage on my Ford Pedal-car. Dad later converted this car to a Blue Angel with ailerons and elevators with a working "stick/yoke"; the rudder was controlled by the steering wheel. I like all motorsports - I grew up going to a NASCAR Feeder track with Sportsman and Modified classes, and was lucky to attend drag races in 1970 at Orange County Raceway. My first solder-iron was a Christmas gift at 9yo; I modified T-Jets to be AFX spec before AFX Cars were in local stores. I rebuilt a few tractor & car (SIMCA) engines plus transmissions by 15yo (I still have my ring-compressor and valve spring tool) I am a former mountain and road bike geek & perennial sound engineer. Struggling guitar hobbyist and Amp "tweeker"