2017 WRC Rules discussion

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations 2017 WRC Rules discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    AutoramaAutorama
    Keymaster

All,

2017 WRC rules have been posted and are up for discussion: https://austinslotcarclub.com/2017-racing-series/2017-wrc/.

Please let me know if I missed a car from the approved list. If you would like to add or change something, please give a reason for the modification. We will vote on changes at our club meetings.

Ary.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by AutoramaAutorama.
    AutoramaAutorama
    Keymaster

Calling dibs on the SCX Ford Fiesta RS WRC “ST-RX43”:

BarkingSpyderBarkingSpyder
    Participant

Dibs – Subaru Imprezza – Avantslot Body on HRS2subaru-imprezza-puma-avanta-slot11351009

... she's got real fat tyres and everything !!! ... Deep Purple Hiway Star

turboman93turboman93
    Participant

Ninco Subaru WRC Impreza P. Solberg

2016-12-22-20-22-53

Participant

Shawn – sweet!

Radial TARadial TA
    Participant

This is the car I have owned for about 2 years already and will run the body unless the OG’s show me it is crap.  What kind of chassis do I need to put it on to have a competitive car?  Scalextric C3524, 2013 Monte Carlo VW Polo R WRC #7.  In spite of my beginner car building skill, I’m glad that we are running a series with possibility of broad selection of slot car brands and good mix of cars represented.

c3524-380

turboman93turboman93
    Participant

Randy,

Sloting Plus makes a 3D printed chassis and lexan interior for the Scalextric Polo WRC.

https://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/blog/sloting-plus-3d-chassis-conversion/

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by turboman93turboman93. Reason: Corrected the 3D chassis from Scaleauto to Sloting Plus
    MitleidMitleid
    Keymaster

looks like I am going to try something a little differant then my original WRX idea.
    Pug 207

"If everything seems under control you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

turboman93turboman93
    Participant

Nice, Steve!!  Stock chassis or 3D?

ButchButch
    Participant

Jordans Car Subaru Blue

MitleidMitleid
    Keymaster

stock as they come it looks fairly decent

"If everything seems under control you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

MitleidMitleid
    Keymaster

I recommend a revision of the rules in this series that allow for the individual racers to adjust the voltage for their own stint. This series spotlights how fast a racer can drive his car around the track, why not let the racer tune the track to the car’s utmost ability?

Not to mention that different brands are designed to run at various voltages. While NSR runs fast at 12 volts; brands like SCX and Ninco are designed to run at a higher voltages (14-18 volts).

What are your thoughts?

AutoramaAutorama
    Keymaster

I recommend a revision of the rules in this series that allow for the individual racers to adjust the voltage for their own stint. This series spotlights how fast a racer can drive his car around the track, why not let the racer tune the track to the car’s utmost ability? Not to mention that different brands are designed to run at various voltages. While NSR runs fast at 12 volts; brands like SCX and Ninco are designed to run at a higher voltages (14-18 volts). What are your thoughts?

Voted to be implemented on Club’s January meeting.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by AutoramaAutorama.
    turboman93turboman93
    Participant

What was the vote on this?  IMO, we should keep it the same for everyone.  I see issues arising as voltage is adjusted, racers complaining that the voltage wasn’t exactly set for their cars, blah blah blah.  Seems to me like a point of contention that could be easily avoided.

Participant

Vote of members present was unanimous in favor of allowing voltage adjustment by racer.  The issue came up – in part – b/c cars like SCX are designed for 18v and if the stock motors are used to drive the AWD they would be at a disadvantage at a lower fixed voltage.  We could go into several details on voltage defaults for various brands etc. but members present were open to the idea, mainly b/c the voltage did not affect any other racers and the racer makes their own choice.

Racers **cannot** complain; they set their own voltage and succeed or fail as a result. If you want low voltage for reliable handling and results are too slow … tough luck; ditto for high voltage for faster laps and resulting fly-offs.

Members present: Ary, Steve, John, David, Alejandro, Roy, Rich, Randy, Russ, Brett, Mark

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.