2019 NSR 908/3 Rally

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations 2019 NSR 908/3 Rally

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Radial TA Radial TA 37 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

The official 2019 Austin Slot Car Club Race Schedule is published.  The only small change we might want to discuss is the timing of the Thunderslot series and the availability of the new McLaren cars from Thunderslot.  We might think about moving that series back from Q2 to Q3 and move up the NSR 908/3 series to Q2 from Q3.  We can discuss at our next meeting.  Please post any additional questions or concerns.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by Radial TA Radial TA.
    turboman93
    turboman93
    Participant

Marty,

The reasoning for that was to keep the foam tires on the BRM and Revo cars from affecting any other series.  That’s why we put the Thunderslot series there and the NSR 908 series in Q3 as it will be on the rally track. I would be opposed to swapping the series.

Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

I just ordered the 2 car set of #12 and #40 Gulf Targa Florio 1970 that John and I will split.

porsche917
    porsche917

Thanks for the heads up on the swap.  Let’s keep it like it is.

porsche917
    porsche917

After the new NSR 908/3 Targa Florio set #2 was announced I will now be running the #36 Gulf entry.

This will leave the #22 Vic Elford #22 from the 1970 1000K of Nurburgring available.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by porsche917 porsche917.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by porsche917 porsche917.
    BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

DIBS LIST – Mark
    White Kit/Fantasy Livery – #21

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

porsche917
    porsche917

Will the super stiff green chassis be allowed for this series?

StabnSteer
    StabnSteer
    Participant

Will the super stiff green chassis be allowed for this series?

And I think a better question…will there be any limitation on chassis, since there is quite a collection of chassis options…  🙂

--Stabn'Steer

porsche917
    porsche917

Touche!  Having said that, the most popular chassis for our tracks is the stiffer green version.  Routed tracks that are as smooth as ours perform better with a stiffer chassis.  Plastic tracks that have more bumps due to the warping of the plastic and the numerous joints require a chassis that is more forgiving.  That in no means dictates you cannot or should not try something different.  🙂

Butch
    Butch
    Participant

Green is allowed.

porsche917
    porsche917

Here are some additional cars that were just announced by NSR this past week.  Anyone want to go in on the set?  I like that number 36.

Butch
    Butch
    Participant

Ill go in with you.

porsche917
    porsche917

Excellent!  I will get the pre-order in.  Do you want a green chassis as well?

Butch
    Butch
    Participant

You know it !!     yes please

porsche917
    porsche917

I know this is going to seem a little late but after running the NSR 908/3 on the track this past Saturday I would like to propose a significant change to the rules.  I would like to propose opening the series to more cars – Slot It Ferrari 312PB, Slot It Alfa T33, Sloter Lola T280 and the Fly Chevron B19/21.  I put some time into what the rules might look like to make the series as equal as possible.

Our original thought process was that nothing would be able to stay with the NSR 908/3 but I don’t know if that is the case.  I think the other cars I have listed could hold their own while giving the series and racers more variety.  I also think it will be more interesting to have the option to build a car and see what set ups work best on our “rally” track.

I would like to discuss this change at this weekends club meeting.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 23 hours ago by porsche917 porsche917.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.