2019 RevoSlot Series

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations 2019 RevoSlot Series

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by porsche917 porsche917 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

I know this series is several months away, but as rules get firmed up the page needs to be updated:
    — Correct tire/wheel spec (SC-2012)

?? Since ceramic bearings are prohibited, can we also spec that ‘open’ metal ball-bearings are also prohibited?

— Should we name allowed bearing lubricants?

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

porsche917
    porsche917

Mark – Before I update the rules with the new wheel/tire selection I want to confirm that they will work as I hope they will.  Once I have some laps with them I will update the rules with the exact wheel/tire spec.

The only bearings that are allowed are the stock closed bearings.

Lubricants?  Use what you have.  No need for rules regarding lubricants at this time.

porsche917
    porsche917

The new Scaleauto RevoSlot wheels/tires have arrived.  I will be testing them over the next few weeks to see how they perform and will update everyone on this forum.  Can’t wait to try them.

StabnSteer
    StabnSteer
    Participant

Pendle has these available now. Three sets and shipping is just over $20.

--Stabn'Steer

StabnSteer
    StabnSteer
    Participant

OH…and is there anything special that needs to be done to true these? I see that the RC tire truers use a blade instead of a grinding surface.

In my 1/24 days, we never trued foam tires…you bought them the diameter you wanted, then installed and ran them at speeds up to 70 mph, so they were true out of the canister. But that was a really long time ago, now…

--Stabn'Steer

StabnSteer
    StabnSteer
    Participant

Ugh…use care when ordering. My brain seized and I ordered the tires identified in the currently posted rules (RS-204) even though I KNEW we were supposed to be getting the Scale-Auto tires shown above. A case of old-brain disease. That’s why I was hoping Marty’s tires didn’t have the red stripe today, because neither do mine! 🙂

Oh well…I rarely trust my brain any more, and here’s yet another reason to let it out to pasture!! At least I have a few months to rectify this issue. Anyone want some Revo Slot foams?

--Stabn'Steer

porsche917
    porsche917

I would like two pairs if you have not already placed your order.  Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.