2019 RevoSlot Series

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations 2019 RevoSlot Series

Tagged: 

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author

The rules for the 2019 RevoSlot series will be posted soon.  Start claiming your liveries now!

For those interested in the new Toyota Supra or Dodge Viper it sounds like they will not be available until next November.  Unfortunately after our series has started.  There are plenty of new Porsche liveries as well as the new Marcos LM600.

Don’t forget that we will be running this series with RevoSlot foam tires.  This should take the guessing work out of the tire issues we had in the 2018 series.  We will also be opening up the motor choice to alleviate any motor issues.

More to come.

Just posted today on RevoSlots Facebook page.

It looks like the Vipers will be available in a few weeks while the Toyota’s will not be available until late summer.  I think the Viper will be a popular choice.

Participant

DIBS – RS0023 Chrysler VIPER GTS-R P Belmondo Racing Gulf #57
      spyder/21

Participant

Good News: these new cars use phillips-head body screws.
      Bad News – the body screws are small and short.
      The chassis is body specific; otherwise the architecture is the same as the 2017/18 Porsche.
      Guide, wheels, tires, motor mount, float plate.
      *The guide screw is still a #6-Torx.

Participant

I expect to run the Porsche I ran last year that has yellow marking number 64.  My car has a different number to distinguish it from the factory version.

ALL:

The official rear wheel and tire for the upcoming RevoSlot series will be Scaleauto’s new SC-2012 rear foam tire/wheel combination.  This will be the easiest way to get everyone on the same wheels/tires without any issues in how to glue on tires or even if they will work.  We already know the Scaleauto Comp3 tires work great on our track.  So looking forward to this series.

The details about the wheels/tires can be viewed on Scaleauto’s Facebook page.

Participant

And who carries the wheels that I did not fin on the first two sites I checked.  Also what tires and which vendor?  I know we are a few months away from running even practice, but I don’t want to get caught without the tires.

Randy and All,

The wheels/tires will be available in Europe in one week and in the States when Alan orders them.  They have already been manufactured and are just waiting for distributors to order and receive them.  I will update everyone once they are available.  We are still four months away so I am not too worried.  You can still run your car with the stock shore 30 tires to get it set up and running.  The foam tires will only improve things.

Participant

Great news Marty – looking forward to this series!

I just ordered four pairs of the new Scaleauto SC-2021 wheels/tires from Cric Crac – currently the only place that has them.  Not surprising since Cric Crac is the retail face of Scaleauto.  Looking forward to getting them in and seeing how they work.  If they are anything like their 1/24 counterparts they will be fantastic!  I can’t wait for this series.

Participant

How many rear tire sets should we expect to use during the series including 100’s of practice laps?  Are we also using  new sponge front tires pre-mounted on wheels?

Randy – it all depends on how hard you are on your tires.  I would think two sets would get you through practice and races.

Participant

SC 2012  right?

Yes.  You are correct.  I have 4 pairs coming for us to try out.  I can’t imagine they wouldn’t be anything but amazing.  These cars will be so fun running foam tires.

Participant

I know this series is several months away, but as rules get firmed up the page needs to be updated:
      — Correct tire/wheel spec (SC-2012)

?? Since ceramic bearings are prohibited, can we also spec that ‘open’ metal ball-bearings are also prohibited?

— Should we name allowed bearing lubricants?

Mark – Before I update the rules with the new wheel/tire selection I want to confirm that they will work as I hope they will.  Once I have some laps with them I will update the rules with the exact wheel/tire spec.

The only bearings that are allowed are the stock closed bearings.

Lubricants?  Use what you have.  No need for rules regarding lubricants at this time.

The new Scaleauto RevoSlot wheels/tires have arrived.  I will be testing them over the next few weeks to see how they perform and will update everyone on this forum.  Can’t wait to try them.

Participant

Pendle has these available now. Three sets and shipping is just over $20.

Participant

OH…and is there anything special that needs to be done to true these? I see that the RC tire truers use a blade instead of a grinding surface.

In my 1/24 days, we never trued foam tires…you bought them the diameter you wanted, then installed and ran them at speeds up to 70 mph, so they were true out of the canister. But that was a really long time ago, now…

Participant

Ugh…use care when ordering. My brain seized and I ordered the tires identified in the currently posted rules (RS-204) even though I KNEW we were supposed to be getting the Scale-Auto tires shown above. A case of old-brain disease. That’s why I was hoping Marty’s tires didn’t have the red stripe today, because neither do mine! 🙂

Oh well…I rarely trust my brain any more, and here’s yet another reason to let it out to pasture!! At least I have a few months to rectify this issue. Anyone want some Revo Slot foams?

I would like two pairs if you have not already placed your order.  Thanks!

Participant

Dec 22 – Tires and Wheels update?

Marty – what are the new specs for wheel and tire size limits and part #s.

All,

The new rules have been posted on the clubs website.  Please post all questions on the clubs website for everyone to view.

Marty

Participant

Marcos – Valvoline No. 81

for Butch

Participant

Porsche Navision TSW blue, silver, and yellow renumbered to # 68.  (I reserve the right to purchase another car if the Porsche is not competitive.)

Radial TA

At this point I am running the Porsche GT2 in the Champion Racing livery.

Marty

Participant

RS0023 Chrysler VIPER GTS-R P Belmondo Racing Gulf #57
      spyder/21

After running both shore 30 and shore 25 people I found that the shore 25 tires provided better grip and did not show any excess wear.  I have eight pairs of these shore 25 tires arriving Friday and will have them with me at the track on Saturday.  I will arrive early so people have time to true up a pair before we race.

All – I just received the order of Shore 30 and Shore 25 tires.  I have them sitting on top of my pit boxes.  Take what you need and just let me know.

Participant

I discovered yesterday that my Supra white kit is missing wheel inserts.

Does anyone have 4 spares?
      -Thanks

Participant

Plenty. I will give them to you on Sat 2/15.

Participant

Thanks, Mark!

Marc – I can’t wait to see your Toyota.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.