2019 Slot.it Group C

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations 2019 Slot.it Group C

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by StabnSteer StabnSteer 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

All – The official 2019 Austin Slot Car Club Race Schedule is published.  The only small change we might want to discuss is the timing of the Thunderslot series and the availability of the new McLaren cars from Thunderslot.  We might think about moving that series back from Q2 to Q3 and move up the NSR 908/3 series to Q2 from Q3.  We can discuss at our next meeting.  Please post any additional questions or concerns.</p>

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by Radial TA Radial TA.
    StabnSteer
    StabnSteer
    Participant

Curious about this rule in this series:

Front axle lower adjustment caps allowed

I’ve been searching for these, without any luck.

And it would suggest that if one was to apply lower adjustment caps, they’d just make the front suspension floppy, since we are not allowed to change the tops of the front suspension (I have the Lancia and Mercedes, and neither have screw holes on the top of the suspension bearings as are shown in the “how to” videos). Can someone enlighten me here before I have to tech anyone? 🙂

--Stabn'Steer

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by StabnSteer StabnSteer.
    StabnSteer
    StabnSteer
    Participant

I have Martini Lancia LC2 #5 – was anyone else running this livery? Want to know if I need to figure out a number swap…

--Stabn'Steer

porsche917
    porsche917

Nice choice.  The Lancia’s have been very fast on our track.

Autorama
    Autorama
    Keymaster

Curious about this rule in this series: Front axle lower adjustment caps allowed I’ve been searching for these, without any luck. And it would suggest that if one was to apply lower adjustment caps, they’d just make the front suspension floppy, since we are not allowed to change the tops of the front suspension (I have the Lancia and Mercedes, and neither have screw holes on the top of the suspension bearings as are shown in the “how to” videos). Can someone enlighten me here before I have to tech anyone? 🙂

Erik,

Slot.it’s first generation chassis did not include the front axle screw adjustment – in fact, there was no way to properly adjust the height.

In the first gen chassis the max height of the front axle was fixed – determined by the height of the front axle support arches. The lower height limit could be adjusted by the removal of a plastic cap that was mounted in a fixed height support in the chassis – which in turn dictated the lower limit.

I have attached a PDF review of the Lancia LC2 84 created by David Kennedy for Slot Car Illustrated where you can see the first gen chassis and the “axle adjustment. Note that although he does not mention it, removing the plastic cap would introduce a massive amount of vertical play in the front axle.

My honest suggestion, given that your chassis do not have top adjustment, would be to simply buy the latest iteration of chassis for that specific model – it will have the top and bottom adjustments.

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

Erik – see if any replacement chassis are available. I have had poor luck consistently finding them in stock.  I think this upgrade chassis fits your Lancia model (SICA-08)
    #Slot.it SICS08T-60B Lancia LC2-Chassis EVO6 for SICA08 & SICA21
    https://www.professormotor.com/product-p/sics08t-60b.htm

If not – there are at least 2 other ways you can set basic axle height. Once you have created a stable axle height you fine tune the tire height with guide spacers.

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

StabnSteer
    StabnSteer
    Participant

Thanks all for the info. I thought I had the latest chassis, but I can see now the EVO6 chassis is necessary to have the screw holes already there. Interestingly, I have 2 different non-EVO6 chassis, which is why I thought I had the updated one. Onward and upward!!

--Stabn'Steer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.