2019 Slot.it McLaren

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations 2019 Slot.it McLaren

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by porsche917 porsche917 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

All – The official 2019 Austin Slot Car Club Race Schedule is published.  The only small change we might want to discuss is the timing of the Thunderslot series and the availability of the new McLaren cars from Thunderslot.  We might think about moving that series back from Q2 to Q3 and move up the NSR 908/3 series to Q2 from Q3.  We can discuss at our next meeting.  Please post any additional questions or concerns.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by Radial TA Radial TA.
    Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

I just ordered #48 Dan Gurney McLaren.

chapracer65
    chapracer65
    Participant

I have the Led Zeppelin Mclaren

porsche917
    porsche917

I will be running the #5 Denny Hulme model.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by porsche917 porsche917.
    BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

DIBS LIST
    Led Zeppelin Mclaren, “Jimmy Page” version – #21
    Will be slightly different from Russ’ car.

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

Butch
    Butch
    Participant

I will run the Paul Newman # 12

StabnSteer
    StabnSteer
    Participant

Custom paint job for me. Probably number 7.

--Stabn'Steer

porsche917
    porsche917

Question for the series manager:  The cars come stock with 15″ rear wheels and I want to make sure we are going to stick to running that size rear wheel as I am truing tires and getting cars ready for the series.

Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

We made a small mistake at the meeting.  Neither John nor I have ever posted series rules, so we need a tutorial.

We intend to leave wheels same size, but allow slot.it metal wheels in front.  Unless we get negative feedback on tires, we will allow slot.it low profile zero grip tires in front.  Slot.it F30 or 22 on rear on stock slot.it wheels of same diameter and width.  Is there a strong case for allowing Slot.it, BRM, or NSR rear tires of same size?  No minimum diameter on rears, just chassis not touching track.

Open gearing.  Stock chassis.  No independent rotating front wheels.  Slot.it wood guide.  Anything else from Group C that we should eliminate???

I would include the little story here but I cannot copy it and paste it here.  See header picture below.

Attachments:
    1. M8DRacing.jpg

porsche917
    porsche917

Randy and John – I would be up for helping you all out with the rules for the McLaren series.  They won’t vary too much from the Group C rules other than a stock 15″ rear wheel.  The guides are usually open as well as braid and wire.  Motors are limited to dark orange end bell 23K Slot It motors and tires are usually Slot It.  This limits people having to buy too many other tires to try out.  The shore 30 tires work well and in the cooler temps of January and February the light cars will work well with shore 22’s.  There will need to be a weight limit as well.

I can do a first draft or leave it to you two and then help you edit it.  Let me know.

Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

John and I had discussed rules.  I have a draft rule set in Word and a short blurb about the M8D in Word plus the picture above.  What should I do with this for your review?

Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

I have found that the McLaren front axle rests on chassis posts under the axle where the grub screws would come up to adjust the axle.  My low profile Zero Grip tires do not come close to the track because of the posts.  I believe we need to amend the rules regarding chassis modification to allow removal of some axle post material to facilitate use of the grub screws to lower the axle.

The alternative is probably to run the taller profile ZeroGrip tire like a gt car would have.  I would prefer to prepare the M8D like our Group C cars with low profile tires in front

porsche917
    porsche917

Randy – Do the larger diameter 19″ zero grip front tires solve the issue without rubbing on the body of the car?

Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

Test tonight with taller tires went OK.  I’m not sure they are 19″ zero grips.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Radial TA Radial TA.
    porsche917
    porsche917

Randy – I have my son’s first edition Slot It McLaren #48 set up with 17″ zero grips and my newer #5 Slot It McLaren set up with 17″ zero grips.  They will also take the 19″ but you will have to use spacers under the guide to get it all the way in the slot with the bigger tires as they will rub the inside of the body if they are put up high enough to fully engage the guide in the slot.

OR

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.