2019 Slot.it McLaren

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations 2019 Slot.it McLaren

This topic contains 22 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by porsche917 porsche917 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    porsche917
    porsche917

EFFECTIVE TODAY – NOVEMBER 21ST

Slot It 25K yellow end bell motors are allowed for this series.

This change was made with the intention of allowing for a greater choice of gears by allowing tuning through the use of any of the motors now allowed for this series.

StabnSteer
    StabnSteer
    Participant

Good! Seems I got a bad motor in my car, so I’ll need to swap it anyway…

Finally done with the paint job! Here is the entry from Surströmming racing!

--Stabn'Steer

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

Erick, that is stunning! Randy & John -if you still need help on the rules I can assist at the next practice or race when we can edit them from the clubs TV PC. Marty is a pro with the rules so I assume you have a good start already …

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

The rules are done.

i put a dark orange motor in place of the orange one in the 48 McLaren.  Slower lap times.

porsche917
    porsche917

Can everyone please bring their Slot It McLaren’s to tomorrow’s club race.  We are looking into some set up questions.

Thanks

porsche917
    porsche917

RULES UPDATE

The rules for the McLaren M8D series have been updated based on the input and feedback from club members at our last club meeting before the series begins,

Things of note – front wheels and tires must remain stock, limited grinding to the front of the body is permitted, tips on how to set up the guide to move more freely and track power changing from 11v to 12v to allow a broader range of gears to be used.

Please post any comments about the rules to this forum.  All comments welcomed.

Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

Thanks to Marty for ferreting out the set up issues that vary over the production run of the McL cars and thanks to the members for helping us resolve the issues last Saturday.  I hope John beats us all with the car that seems to have inherited the real McL dna.

porsche917
    porsche917

After asking everyone to bring in their McLaren cars for us to inspect it was noted that John will be running the #5 Denny Hulme model.  I will now be running the #2 Vic Elford McLaren as pictured below.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.