2019 Thunderslot

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by StabnSteer StabnSteer 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

All – The official 2019 Austin Slot Car Club Race Schedule is published.  The only small change we might want to discuss is the timing of the Thunderslot series and the availability of the new McLaren cars from Thunderslot.  We might think about moving that series back from Q2 to Q3 and move up the NSR 908/3 series to Q2 from Q3.  We can discuss at our next meeting.  Please post any additional questions or concerns.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by Radial TA Radial TA.
    porsche917
    porsche917

If you are looking to run a McLaren in the Thunderslot you will have to purchase one of the few remaining white kits and paint it yourself.  Here is an update from Armchair racer in Australia from Thurderslot on the painted cars.

porsche917
    porsche917

*UPDATE*

Thunderslot posted pics of the McLarens on their Facebook page this morning and it sounded like they were going to be available sooner than Armchair racer was predicting.  I asked Thunderslot when we might see these cars in the States and they replied “Christmas +0-“.  Sounds like they might be here sooner than expected.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by porsche917 porsche917.
    BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

ummmmm uhhhhmust buy slot carrrr …

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

StabnSteer
    StabnSteer
    Participant

Picked up this critter for a song…does anyone have this livery, or can I claim it. 🙂

Do chime in if you have it…I have lots of time to make it into a custom livery…

--Stabn'Steer

porsche917
    porsche917

Stabn’Steer – As you can see from the picture below either John or Shawn had the #8 Lola.  I don’t know if they are planning on using the same car again, but it would be worth checking in with them.

StabnSteer
    StabnSteer
    Participant

Cool – I have time to re-color the car. I have been building a livery of cars in my personal colors (for Surströmming Racing), so this one will follow!  🙂

--Stabn'Steer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.