2019 Thunderslot

This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by porsche917 porsche917 4 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

Russel I have noticed wear on the tips of the teeth on my pinion, so I am going to research if any brass pinions are available at the same size (& pitch) as the OEM pinion.

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

ALEREAL3D
    Participant

I ordered I think the last bag of slicks from Scalextric store in UK like 10 days ago and I got them today

I will be using only two of the four in the bag if someone REALLY needs the other two please let me know I can lend those until we can get more …

I will try to bring them this Thursday since I have a meeting that day that will last till night

Just  let me know

Butch
    Butch
    Participant

Before our first Thunderslot race can everyone check to make sure you have the right tires. After the group C race many ran their Thunderslot cars. Later when I ran I found the yellow and green lanes had lost their grip considerably. the blue lane was great. Possibly Silicone tires were accidentally used.  Make sure you have on your package  TYR004R                                                             The other tire they offer is TYR005RX for carrera may have a different compound, since were not sure do not use these.                                                                                                                                         If anyone needs tires today to have them ready let me know i can meet you I have a few extra.

Datto
    Datto
    Participant

I’m not convinced the tires that shipped with my T/S Lola are urethane. Vinyl, perhaps? I did run Saturday after the Group C race.

chapracer65
    chapracer65
    Participant

Thunderslot 2019 Rules Updatedhttps://www.austinslotcarclub.com/2019-racing-series/2019-series-thunder-slot/

The rules have been updated to allow gear changes.

Also, as was discussed last year but not officially put in the rules, spacers will be allowed on the front body mount posts to provide clearance for tires or spoilers.

Good Luck!

chapracer65
    chapracer65
    Participant

For newer members, or anyone interested, I recommend going back through the Thunderslot discussion forum for last year: https://www.austinslotcarclub.com/forums/topic/thunder-slot-discussion/

This was a separate thread from this year’s discussion.

ALEREAL3D
    Participant

The first Thunderslot race was a real

THUNDER

Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

Tremendous praise to Marty for snagging the back-up data and for Stephen suffering through the storm and data for a couple of hours to get the tables for Russell.  I really like the blue/green/yellow coding on the individual heat table.  Thanks true servants of the club.

porsche917
    porsche917

Tires have arrived!  Straight from Australia, straight from Italy are the Thunderslot racing tires we have been unable to find.  I have 6 pairs available.  First come, first served.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.