2021–NSR Formula 86/89

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations 2021–NSR Formula 86/89

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    BarkingSpyderBarkingSpyder
    Participant

FORMULA STEERING WHEELS
    Scalextric has “Detail Parts” and “Accessory Packs” for $3usd that contain a F1 style wheel with painted buttons (incl in the pack are a drivers head and mirrors). Electric Dreams have about 6 packs, PSR has about a dozen. They match Scaley modern F1 liveries, so you should find one with a color compatible with your car.
    P/Ns include: W8450 W8693 W8739 W8848 W9048 W9137 W9361 W9531 W9532 W9714 W9715
    Scalextric F1 Steering Wheel

Carrera F1 Bodies have a more accurate Square Steering Wheel:
    These are not painted and are not offered in repair part kits; they have to be harvested from old bodies. Some are on shafts
      Others have small 90deg hook. You have to pop out the driver/seat partially to pop out the wheel assembly.

Carerra F! Steering Wheel with hook

"I cant drive 55!" Sammy

DattoDatto
    Participant

Rule revision needed for mandatory sidewinder arrangement,and
    “ Wheel/tire must not protrude outside of the body when viewed from above, no exceptions – this includes axle float.”

Realize this is copied/pasted.

Marc T

"Enjoy every sandwich"
    -Warren Zevon

StabnSteerStabnSteer
    Participant

I found that this made me laugh heartily since the wheels are automatically outside of the body. But I think I get what you mean…  🙂

Given these are essentially a spec body and chassis, we should have a specific measurement of how wide things can be. Get rid of the guesswork related to eyeballing.

--Stabn'Steer

Radial TARadial TA
    Participant

And quit calling the fancy pattern on a tire the “thread”.  It is TREAD.

Participant

Rules have been updated from the rough ones cloned from 917 coupe rules – hence the body and tire rules that did not make sense.

Note: Some rules across many of our series have been copied from other clubs that raced similar series and had rules that make sense in the UK or Australia, or for sponge tires (e.g. oil soaking) or legacy cars (e.g. wires controlling front axle height) or 1-24 (e.g. guide cannot be visible beyond the splitter).
    Over the years some weird rules have been weeded out but others linger – LOL

"I cant drive 55!" Sammy

DattoDatto
    Participant

Indycals has a nice range for F1 liveries of the period. I’m sure they can be made to work.

Indycals F1

Mark’s idea about an IM driver with decent wheel in intriguing. Will be looking into that.

Marc t.

"Enjoy every sandwich"
    -Warren Zevon

porsche917porsche917

I absolutely love the work Marc does with Immense Miniatures but didn’t see any modern-ish F1 drivers heads in his line up.  I have already purchased a driver head replacement for my NSR F1 car from Electric Dreams.  They carry a line called Interlagos Miniatures that produces pre-painted period correct F1 and Indy helmets that work great on the NSR F1 cars.  Worth checking out to improve the look of your car.

Participant

ELECTRIC DREAMS HAS DECALS FOR THE NSR F1-86/89
    Atalaya Decals ADF119 NSR Formula 86/89, Rothmans (ADF119) = $12.99
    Atalaya Decals ADF120 McLaren Marlboro, Keke Rosberg (ADF120) = $12.99
    Atalaya Decals ADL0802 Red Bull = $7.99

(water slides)
    https://www.electricdreams.com/Shop/?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=129

"I cant drive 55!" Sammy

Participant
    DattoDatto
    Participant

I ordered a set of decals purpose built for the NSR F1 86-89 cars from LEB Hobbies. They almost fit on the test car. Had a devil of a time getting them to conform, but this may because my setting solution is old.

BTW, Mission Models paint takes some getting used to, but I think I may be able to work with them.

NSR-F1-decals-crop

"Enjoy every sandwich"
    -Warren Zevon

DattoDatto
    Participant

So, I’m calling dibs on #6 🙂

"Enjoy every sandwich"
    -Warren Zevon

Radial TARadial TA
    Participant

I’m calling dibs on fake Jim Busby team 67 (like his Porsche 962 IMSA) if my decals in transit have that capability.  Not the full billboard coverage, just numbers and Mercedes star and name.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BarkingSpyder

BarkingSpyder

This is me fixing the steering on my Ford Pedal-car when I was 4 years old. I like all motorsports - I grew up going to a NASCAR Feeder track with Sportsman and Modified classes, and was lucky to attend races in 1970 at Orange County Raceway. My first solder-iron was a Christmas gift at 9yo; I modified T-Jets to be AFX spec before AFX was in local stores. I rebuilt a few tractor & car engines (SIMCA) plus transmissions by 15yo (I still have my ring-compressor and valve spring tool) Former mountain and road bike geek - perennial sound engineer. Struggling guitar hobbyist and Amp "tweeker"