2021–NSR GT3 (Q2-2021)

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations 2021–NSR GT3 (Q2-2021)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Radial TARadial TA
    Participant

Yes to screw in wood track guides.  Happy New Year for something I know.

What is the consensus among the top car prep and drivers about the chassis, motor pod, and tires.  I just started baking the chassis’ last year or 2018, but don’t know about the hardness on our track.  Come on guys, give up the good parts numbers.

Aren’t these the cars with wheels that have some air chamber ribs?  Did we change those, or modify them, to make tire truing better?

I really hope I am allowed to compete on Saturdays in this class, but I would just like to have a car that drives great when I am by my self at HQ with the sound system blasting.  I was thinking last night that I might bring the amp and guitars to check the acoustics at HQ.  I only play into headphones with youtube wired into the amp, except for rare times my wife is out of the house.  Maybe we could start a house band, The KN95’s or Twin Turbos.

Stay Safe, I want to pass each of you at the finish line in 2021.

porsche917porsche917

Randy – No need to bake the NSR chassis.  They are made from a different material and don’t take to baking like the Slot It’s harder plastic chassis.  The stock chassis seems to work well.  The white one is the next one of choice.  NSR also makes a green super hard chassis but I don’t know if there is a big difference between the white and green from a performance standpoint.

I would keep the stock motor pod and run it.  These are typically red in color.

Wheels and tires – I would run the stock ones as they are the SuperGrip tires that seem to work well on our track.  NSR also makes an UltraGrip tire but they are almost too sticky for our track.  The wheels will be the ones with the ribs and the air chamber in the center.  You can run those but you have to make sure you glue the tires to the rims to avoid wheel chatter in the turns.

Goodluck with your set up!

BarkingSpyderBarkingSpyder
    Participant

WHEELS – I believe there are some triple-rib wheels, that could be legal.
    Also – the donuts used to fill the air-gap in the Thunderslots would work …
    as would O-rings (I have the sizes written down somewhere …) as we used on the AllSlot Formula cars a few years back.

"Come On! Lets go space trucking!" Deep Purple

Radial TARadial TA
    Participant

I’m going to order a long wood track screw mount guide.  I do not think we should go with the lexan cockpit because I like the full cockpit look.  Allow any Shark 25 or less.   I may order the hard chassis if you allow that and the wise tuners use them, but not a new motor pod.

Radial TARadial TA
    Participant

The Professor Motor site calls the deep wood guide NSR NSR4859 Deep Wood Guide with High Performance Screw Mount.  Is the the one you meant as our option instead of 4869 (not listed)?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BarkingSpyder

BarkingSpyder

I like any kind of racing and vehicles, from F1 to Moto-X to Tractor-Pulls. My first solder-iron was a Christmas gift at 9yo; I modified T-Jets to be AFX HO cars before the AFX line was in local stores; rebuilt a few tractor & car engines plus transmissions by 15yo. Still have my ring-compressor and valve spring tool. Former mountain and road bike geek - perennial sound engineer.