2021 Racer Sideways Group 5 Rules

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations 2021 Racer Sideways Group 5 Rules

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    porsche917porsche917

Yes.  I did not know they would not fit in Slot It wheels.  Good to know.

chapracer65chapracer65
    Participant

Marty

Upon further checking, I see that the wheels on the Sideways are larger than the 15 X 8 Slot.it wheels (PA-17) that I normally use.  They may be more the size of the 16 X 8 (PA-43) Slot.it wheels.  I do not have any of these wheels to check.  I have always found the Slot.it wheel nomenclature confusing.  In the old catalogs, wheels will be listed as 15,8 X 8,2 (commas, not periods); the part number is PA 17 and the description on the label of the parts package is 15 X 8 Wheels.  Other wheels are listed as 16,5 X 8,2 and the part number is PA43.  I don’t have any of these to see how the package is labeled.  I have typically used the 15 X 8 PA17 in either aluminum or magnesium form for most of my cars.  Our Group C rules allow for either the PA17 or PA43 size.  Assuming lighter weight and smaller diameter for  lower center of gravity favor the smaller size, I do not know if the PA43 larger size have any disadvantage (or any advantage).

Concerning the Sideways cars, is only the PA43 Slot.it size allowed?  Since I have none, and considering the issue with the inserts, I will probably use the stock Sideways wheels.

Thanks

Russell

chapracer65chapracer65
    Participant

Upon further checking it looks like the Sideways rear wheels are 17 X 8 and the front wheels are 15 X 8.  It is also confusing because the millimeter dimensions are close to the inch dimensions of the real world cars.

porsche917porsche917

Russell and All,

Racer Sideways use 17″ rear wheels and 15″ or 16″ front wheels depending on the model.  The wheel inserts from Racer Sideways wheels will fit in the equivalently sized Slot It wheels.  The rear wheels on some models are 8mm wide and others are 10mm wide depending on the model.  I am not going to be too hard on things like the inserts.  As long as a car has inserts I will be happy with it.

BarkingSpyderBarkingSpyder
    Participant

1 First a correction, the 2018 PT28s have the 2018 printed on the card next to the bar-code, not on a white sticker (altho I could swear some did have a sticker?)
    2 Marty – I would like to open the tires up to BRM30s and NSR Supergrips, as long as they are close to the resulting installed and trued size of Slot.IT tires on Slot.IT/racer wheels.
    I dont think these would give anyone ad advantage, but it could help some people who are dealing with marbling tires.
    3 Can you provide either info on where to get the drum cleaner, or bring some to the track?
    The club’s Backrack-2 truer marbled my virgin, 2018 F30s/pt28s last weekend. I did my best to clean the abrasive drum (which may have lighter fluid in either the rubber or the abrasive) but it still resulted in a trued but gummy set of tires.

"Come On! Lets go space trucking!" Deep Purple

porsche917porsche917

Mark – Thanks for the feedback on the Slot It F30 tires.  I think its too close to the start of the first race to allow a new tire in the mix.  I am up for having a review of the tire rules and making changes for the following rounds.

The rules would have to stipulate a maximum tire width of 10mm since Slot It tires are only available in a 10mm width for those that would still like to use Slot It tires.

I have been truing Slot It tires for both the Group C series and the Group 5 series and have had to do it slowly but have been able to true them without having issues.  I have had to apply more lighter fluid during the truing and I only remove a small amount of rubber at a time.  I also use the Wright Way diamond drum cleaner during the truing process.  My drum still has some rubber on it that will not come off but it still does a good job.  I follow up the drum truing by using 400, 1000 and 1500 grit sandpaper to smooth out the tires.

Radial TARadial TA
    Participant

Is that fair for some cars to have 10″ wide wheels and others 8″ wide wheels?  I assume the 10″ wide wheels also have wider tires from Racer, but if we restrict tires to f30 slot.it’s it would be all even, right?

BarkingSpyderBarkingSpyder
    Participant

UPDATE ON THE CLUBS BACK-TRACK-2 TRUER
    This weekend I was able to clean the abrasive drums with a toothbrush and mild soap solution.
    NO the abrasive did not pebble and the paper backing was not affected.

TIRES
    Sticking with the F30/PT28s for this series. Mine are marbling on the shoulder but the crown tread area seems ok (kinda like a F22 shedding).

"Come On! Lets go space trucking!" Deep Purple

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.