Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Meeting Agenda:

• Treasurer Report
      • Secretary Report
      • Thunderslot report
        • Series comments
        • May 5th race. – I talked with Rudy and we can have the race but need to park in the remote lot.  Everyone needs to do this.  No exceptions.
      • Any other business

I won’t be able to make this meeting as I have to be in DFW again this weekend.  I’ll have Mark run the meeting as he’s the current VP.

Any questions or topics you want to bring up, please let me know.

Here are the items I would like to add to the agenda:

A discussion of the Scaleauto series and go over the basic rules, how to prepare the car and body and discuss when we can start practicing with the foam tires.

Discuss the rules for the NSR rally series along with the proposed practice dates.

Any updates on Tom Schaffer’s track.

Any Carrera series updates.

Landscaping dates for the calendar

Participant

1. Shawn I will be glad to chair the meeting.
        2. Marty you must had read my mind on most of those topics.
        3. Rally Series – thanks for everyone’s input. I think with the variable voltage we can overcome the torquey  issues we have on the road track.
        4. I wish to add a topic Alejandro suggested – regarding a non-racing Social event sometime soon. I will let him provide his ideas.

Participant

Is the Scaleauto discussion something we can postpone until the May meeting as that’s my series and I’ll not be there to participate?

Participant

I agree we should have the series manager on hand to discuss the ScaleAuto series.  He has the rubber tire report.  It would also also be helpful to include him in the full discussion about the chassis options of the metal and carbon parts.

Non-racing social event?  Did someone say go karting?  Driveway, COTA or K2.  There is also the idea of dinner and drinks as well.  I like the thinking.

Shawn – no problem in waiting until the May meeting to go over the rules.

Participant

MINUTES   Sat April 14 2018
      ATTENDEES: Marty, Russ, Ary, Alex, John, Randy, Dave, Mark

TREASURERS REPORT (Marty): Club is solvent, average balance remains similar to past; no major out standing accounts-payable (Kings paid recent). Dues are needed from most members.
      MEMBERSHIP (Steve c/o Mark): No new members since Jan (Marc Tyler, San Antonio)
      Membership Dues to be paid ($50): Mark, Randy, Alejandro, Rich, Brett, David & Jordan

THUNDERSLOT SERIES (Russ): May 5 race is still scheduled. Rudy says we need to park two lots down past the dentist office. No rules questions. First race was great; minimal de-slots; sub-4 secs was the norm; very tight racing among competitors.
      Tire Gluing – altho many are doing it, some of the tires will split at the seam; the tightness of the tires does not really require gluing.

NSR RALLY (Mark): Members present agreed to allow any size or orientation NSR motor (spec brand). Recommended to keep the RPM below 25k (as normal). Other rules are already posted and firm.
      Rally Practice: No limits- if you can open the Ark and start the PC you can practice. Specific dates will be posted on the forum, typically ‘dark’ Saturdays and the Thurs before. In June the Ark will be opened after normal races on Saturday afternoons. Smoke tests of the rally cars can be ran on the regular track when ever you wish (pay attention to your voltage).

CARERRA GT SERIES (Ary): Rules are updated on the website. Motors can be replaced – up to 25k-rpm shortcan inline. Rear axle assembly and wheels can be replaced by Slot.It components; Hubless wheels are mandatory or they will not fit in wheel-wells. NSR and BRM 11m-wdt tires are recommended. Guide can be replaced with Slot.It or ScaleAuto; requires B-Nova Carerra adapter rings. Bushings must be replaced with solid Oil-lite style brass bushings (no ball bearing, no swivel, no plastic)

PFLUGERVILLE/OUTLAW RACEWAY (Mark): Tom is finishing the upstairs; predicts two months before the tracks can be installed; he will contact us when he needs help.

LANDSCAPING (Marty): Marty will soon post suggested dates for the main/road track. Rally track landscaping dates will be discussed in future.

SOCIAL EVENT (Alex): A day at a park (Emma Long) with BBQ and drinks was suggested; alternative having a similar event at a nearby bar or restaurant. Lots of discussion was had about going go-carting at DriveWay Austin or COTA (with a BBQ tail-gate). Some suggested dates need to be posted in the forum.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.