ASCC Club Meeting Summary – July 2018

Home Forums Welcome to the Austin Slot Car Club Forum Club Official Announcements & News ASCC Club Meeting Summary – July 2018

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

July 14 2018

SCALEAUTO SERIES
      Verbal feedback was good, everyone is enjoying it. 3-wide racing did not result in as much contact as anticipated, even without sponge tires and SA TireCleaner.
      The urethane tire dust accumulates rapidly, some people worry it may be dropping on the track. However it seems to stick to the body so chad on the track may not be much of a real risk. But – these tires do have rapid wear that may result in your tires (esp. rear) falling under the (26mm-R) minimum diameter spec. (check your tire diameter before and after each race weekend; if you need new tires contact Marty.)

VIDEO QUALITY
      Some of the recent videos are not sharp. Steve thinks the root cause is the encoder software, not the camera. He is trying a new encoder (OBS), popular freeware used in the gaming community.

F1 PRE-PARTY- Thurs Oct 18
      The Houston slot car club (aka Houston Scaleauto Racing Club) may be visiting us the Thurs before the 2018 F1 race at COTA (10/18-21). We are considering an el-piloto race with a set of existing AllSlot Formula cars.

CALENDAR LOG JAM
      We have double headers on Oct 27 (rally and blacklight), Nov 17 (Carerra 4, 5).  Plus a new quarterly series (Carerra) starting (Sept 15, 22) not Oct. August and Sept are also tightly scheduled. Our tight fall schedule is due to our annual planning meeting Oct 13 plus a more busy schedule than normal at COTA (WRC Rally Sept 29-30, F1 Oct 18-21, SVRA Nov 3-4) plus Thanksgiving weekend (Nov 24).
      ** Please review the Google calendar and provide recommended changes at the Aug 11 club meeting.

Participant

8 Ball Fiat racing was at the big track Thurs. evening testing the new inline pod and the affiliated BMW team was checking repair from previous race.  It was 93.7 degrees and no one else showed up by the time the cars were loaded into the transport at 7:30.

93.7 degrees!?  Did you guys not have the air conditioner on?

Participant

The Fiat and BMW have endurance enhancing ac, but when I was out of the cars it was miserable.  The pit crew was hanging out in the transporter that has ac in the front half.  An ambulance made a pick up in the park across from King’s.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BarkingSpyder

At 4-years old in Pensacola I repaired my steering linkage on my Ford Pedal-car. Dad later converted this car to a Blue Angel with ailerons and elevators with a working "stick/yoke"; the rudder was controlled by the steering wheel. I like all motorsports - I grew up going to a NASCAR Feeder track with Sportsman and Modified classes, and was lucky to attend drag races in 1970 at Orange County Raceway. My first solder-iron was a Christmas gift at 9yo; I modified T-Jets to be AFX spec before AFX Cars were in local stores. I rebuilt a few tractor & car (SIMCA) engines plus transmissions by 15yo (I still have my ring-compressor and valve spring tool) I am a former mountain and road bike geek & perennial sound engineer. Struggling guitar hobbyist and Amp "tweeker"