BRM GROUP C DISCUSSION

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations BRM GROUP C DISCUSSION

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by porsche917 porsche917 1 day, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    porsche917
    porsche917

All – Any notes about the upcoming BRM 1/24 scale Group C series should be posted here.

To start this topic off I have attached my story on how to prepare your BRM Group C car.  Enjoy.

BRM Group C Car Set Up How To

Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

S-021SS Lightweight Aluminum Wheels/Sponge Tires for Gp.C Cars

BRM Lightweight aluminum wheels with glued & trued sponge tires, for Gp.C cars S-021SS 28.00mm x 15.5mm for BRM 1/24 scale Porsche 962, Sauber C9 Mercedes, Toyota 88C  Minimum size for class legal is 26.5mm

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Radial TA Radial TA.
    Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

BRM 1/24 tuning tutorial shows the brass weight kit for our cars.  132slotcars has the kits.  Do you know if we will need those weights on our track.  I suspect they are more than our track will need for traction and handling if the sponge tires are good.

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

Yeah … that is a ‘goldilocks’ doc – “just right” amount of verbiage – Thanks Marty!

Randy – your point is good – so basically don’t glue in the weights until a few rounds of practice with sponge tires hints that you actually need weights. Some up front or in the center is highly probable (based on experience in Dallas in 2014-15 with these – but that was a longer track with less tricky turns).

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

When will rules be posted?

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

ALEREAL3D
    Participant
    Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

Steve and I were working on my Sauber and discovered the gears are binding somewhere each revolution.  If the offside wheel is moved out a little the mesh is looser and binding stops but the mesh might not be transmitting power fully.  What AW gears are available and will the pinion and gear be spec’d for our series?  I’m seeing only one or two on various sites.

I will wait until we get the motor decision too.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 9 hours ago by Radial TA Radial TA.
    porsche917
    porsche917

The rules for BRM, including what gears can be used, have been added to the BRM home page.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.