Can-Am 50th Anniversary

Home Forums Motorsports News & Events Motorsports News, etc Can-Am 50th Anniversary

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I just received the new Can-Am 50th Anniversary book by George Levy with photographs by Pete Biro.  It is an excellent book full of never-seen photos.

Participant

Very Cool Russell! Cant wait to browse this – Can Am was a childhood favorite series and the cars are still icons (I have some great die-cast of a Chapparal-2E, Donahue/Sunoco 917-30, GT40 …)

Are there many pics of the early days of Can Am?  I am looking for livery ideas and most of the books I have seem to focus on ’72 forward.

Marty

Participant

Marty

Although it does have some earlier Can-Am photos, this is probably not the best book to see a variety of liveries.  Presumably, you are looking for Lola liveries.  I have just ordered a couple of books–the Dave Friedman Lola book and Lola T70, The Racing History and Individual chassis record.  These should be better bets for Lola T70s.

The Can-Am 50th Anniversary book is more of a broad scattering of great images throughout the history of the Can-Am and related races.  It has one of my favorite Jim Hall images, with Pete Biro holding his camera in front of the steering wheel, shooting Jim Hall at speed.

The top picture is Jackie Stewart:

Here is the Honker:

This is the Mario Andretti car that I am probably going to make for the ThunderSlot series:

How about Roger Penske in a Chaparral:

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.