Can Austin support a commercial raceway?

Home Forums Slot Car Talk Comercial Track Locations & Reviews Can Austin support a commercial raceway?

This topic contains 41 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by chapracer65 chapracer65 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

As per Shawn’s update this weekend – Tom plans to name the track/business ‘Capitol Slot Cars’ or something similar. Lets plan to show him some support and get the other locals “primed” by hosting an ad-hoc race there some Sat or Sunday afternoon during his Grand Opening period.

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

tomshaffer
    Participant

Walls are all up and should be ready for paint next week. AC is installed and ducts being ran this weekend. Then ceiling tile and carpet.

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

FANTASTIC TOM! You have a whole crew here who can’t wait to try your tracks out!

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

porsche917
    porsche917

Tom, super exciting news.  We are all super excited about your facility and can’t wait to run there.  Thanks for the update.

tomshaffer
    Participant

Paint and ductwork is done and ceilings are going up.

turboman93
    turboman93
    Participant

Looks great, Tom!  Love seeing the progress you guys have made since I saw the space last.

porsche917
    porsche917

Wow!  That looks amazing.  Thanks for posting the updated pictures.

Marty

tomshaffer
    Participant

Almost!!!

porsche917
    porsche917

Absolutely amazing.  That will be one of the nicest facilities in the States.  I can’t wait to see it with the tracks in it.

Marty

tomshaffer
    Participant

Thanks Marty, Hopefully we will start moving in the first track a week from Saturday.

Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

Wow, the full lighting, and heating/ac vents will really be welcomed.  Thanks for the effort.  Reminds me of the deluxe  California facility I used in the mid-60’s.

Butch
    Butch
    Participant

Those air vents sure look good save me a spot. Look forward to racing there.

chapracer65
    chapracer65
    Participant

It looks like a first-class facility.  I can’t wait to try it out!

turboman93
    turboman93
    Participant

Tom,

This looks fantastic!  I can’t wait to see it fully completed with the tracks!

-Shawn

tomshaffer
    Participant

First track going in is a flat track but not very many turns.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.