Can Austin support a commercial raceway?

Home Forums Slot Car Talk Comercial Track Locations & Reviews Can Austin support a commercial raceway?

This topic contains 41 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by chapracer65 chapracer65 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    turboman93
    turboman93
    Participant

Tom,

That’s really impressive!  I love seeing the progress you’ve made.

porsche917
    porsche917

Tom,

It’s looking fantastic.  Can’t wait to run there.  I don’t know what its like to run in a conditioned space that has real lighting.  Thanks for the posts.  Its fun watching it come together.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by porsche917 porsche917.
    Butch
    Butch
    Participant

Love the carpet maybe my car won’t get so beat up when I go flying off the track.

turboman93
    turboman93
    Participant

There’s a better solution for that, Butch………

tomshaffer
    Participant

The more they hit the floor, the more parts they buy:)

porsche917
    porsche917

Well stated.

tomshaffer
    Participant

No explanation needed come by and check it out

turboman93
    turboman93
    Participant

OK, now I’m really excited!

tomshaffer
    Participant

The left half of the room holds the kingelman and a small oval the right half will hold a future flat track.

porsche917
    porsche917

Wow!  That is looking great.  I can’t wait to run there.  I am looking forward to seeing the flat track, other than the long one with no turns.

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

Tom – looks great! I am getting ready by refreshing the frame-solder on my funnycars and replacing the sponges on my flexis. BTW – what are you using for a ‘sand-trap’ on the strip, (some people use a bag or a net)?

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

chapracer65
    chapracer65
    Participant

Wow!  Looks great Tom.  Until ASCC formed, slot cars were a solo hobby for me.  I had my own tracks in the Sixties–there were no commercial tracks around.  I was not part of the wing car racing in the Seventies and Eighties, so I have not had the opportunity to race much on big tracks.  Looking forward to it!

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.