Carrera Modern GT DISCUSSION

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations Carrera Modern GT DISCUSSION

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by porsche917 porsche917 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

FROM ARY’S INITIAL PROPOSAL  RULES NOT PUBLISHED YET – FINAL QUARTER RACING CLASS

“Factory stock” Carrera GT Class: WEC /IMSA – year range TBD but definitely no cars prior to 2013. I will be sharing more details during the club meeting.</p>

Analog models without magnet + stock everything (wheels, motor, gears, etc).– CG Slotcars Carrera guide adapter + Slot.it wood guide.– NSR 5230 Supergrip (20.5 x11) rear tires + Stock front tires.– Polarity switch can be removed and wiring replaced.– Chassis sanding is allowed for float but gap should not be larger than the thickness of a credit card.

— Aston Martin Vantage V12— Audi R8 LMS<— BMW M6 GTLM<br — Chevrolet Corvette CR7 — Ferrari 458<— Ferrari 488>— Ford GT RC— Lamborguini HuracanAre you crazy? Stock gearing, plastic wheels??>Ok, as far as the plastic wheels go — yeah, we need to give it a try. I have checked the wheels of 10 or so Carrera cars I have purchased in the past 4 to 5 years and found all to be round and centered.>Now, instead of changing the car gearing, each racer will be able to change the voltage of their lanes. We would still be limited to the power supply range (6 to 16 volts) but that is plenty to allow all cars, regardless of weight, to reach their maximum potential.</p>
    >Car list may be changed.</p>

• This topic was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by Radial TA Radial TA.
    • This topic was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by Radial TA Radial TA.
    BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

Guide adapters are available in USA from:
    https://www.slotcarcorner.com/1-32-Slot-Car-Parts-by-Type-/Guides-Braid-and-Wire/Carrera-Guide-Adapter-Standard-p2079.html
    http://cloverleafracing.com/product_info.php?products_id=3922

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

DIBS – Lucas Stable
    001 – Carrera-27559 BMW M6 GT3 -Team RLL, No.25- USA // renumbered as #21
    002 – Carrera-27533 Analog 1/32 RTR Ford GT #68 // renumbered as #21

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

Notes on the CG Guide Adapters: The ‘Standard’ size fits the BMW and Ford-GT. The large size can fit if sanded down. I recommend sanding down the adapter, not enlarging the chassis hole, (b/c a replacement adapter is easier to get than a new chassis). Reference Ary’s video.
    Warning: It does Not take very much sanding to make the large adapter fit. Be sure it slides in easy, without warping from forcing it.  Also: These are 3D printed items and the track facing part of the adapter has a rough finish that needs careful sanding to smooth it.

Removing Rear Magnet: The magnet behind the motor is held in with a U-shaped clip. Try and pry it out with a small flat-blade screwdriver. If it sticks, you can very very very carefully pop out it out from the bottom of the chassis by placing the screwdriver on one side of the exposed part of the magnet and popping it with your palm. Carefully!

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

Ary – in the BMW M6 GTLM, the chassis wells for the front body screws bulge into the wheel well, these may interfere with Slot.It wheels – when trying to fit them into the wheel-well so the tire is not visible outside the fenders/wells.
    Can we flatten the round part of the screw-well that protrudes into the wheel-well? It’s basically a minor filing operation with a emory board (no major loss of chassis material and hence weight).

turboman93
    turboman93
    Participant

As of Saturday July 21st, Steve is the series manager for the Q4 Carrera GT series.  Congrats, Steve!!

porsche917
    porsche917

Interesting.  Steve doesn’t look Brazilian.  Good luck to him.  Looking forward to it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.