Club Room at Kings

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by BarkingSpyder BarkingSpyder 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

Hi guys – Major Buzzkill checking in!
    STEREO KNOBS
    Two years ago someone went Ape with the Selector knob on our Marantz stereo and twisted it so bad that to listen to a phone/MP3 player the knob had to point (incorrectly) to TAPE-1, instead of the correct AUX. Last week King Kong did it again further twisting the knob way out of whack! I hope and assume that nobody from our club is mauling the stereo that Russ is generously lending us.   ** I was able to carefully remove and re-set the knob – Now to listen to a phone or MP3 player the knob has to be on AUX.

! The ONLY things you should change on the amp is the Power switch and Volume knob. Leave all other switches and knobs alone. I have emailed Rudy to make sure all King’s employees get the same message.

DON’T CLOSE BROWSERS
    After each race the video needs to be uploaded to YouTube – this process takes several hours. When using the “TV computer” please DO NOT RE-USE or CLOSE ANY EXISTING BROWSER windows, especially if it is on ASCC’s YouTube channel. This happened recently and Steve had to re-upload the video.

BATHROOM
    Last weekend I fixed the leaking shop-sink, JIC you ever use that. This weekend I (again) fixed the back toilet. However it is still slow filling the tank – so BE PATIENT when you drop a huge deuce needing multiple flushes!
    And – please please pay attention to the sign on the door and LOCK THE DOOR by turning the Key Left – When you LEAVE the bathroom. The latch is Not automatic – you Must turn the key to keep the door shut and to Prevent the AC from leaking out of the bathroom.

CATALOGS
    Magazines and parts catalogs have been organized. Catalogs and slot car books are on the shelf next to the stereo. Magazines are grouped with similar titles and are in the lower right hand side (facing the truing bench) of the ARK.

... I gotta 427, Z-28 a thousand horsepower straight outta the gate ... Frank Marino, "Bottom of the Barrel Blues" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUCRaGmoMt8

Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

Thanks for the attention you pay to the club facilities.

Radial TA
    Radial TA
    Participant

Thanks for the attention you pay to the club facilities.

porsche917
    porsche917

Mark,

Thanks for all the work on the club room, especially the bathroom!

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

On Sat May 26 I draped the Ark with the tarp. (On Thurs there was noticeable drop-through from the gaps between the covers.) Next step is we need bungees and mounting holes or hole-bolts.

... I gotta 427, Z-28 a thousand horsepower straight outta the gate ... Frank Marino, "Bottom of the Barrel Blues" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUCRaGmoMt8

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BarkingSpyder

BarkingSpyder

Overhauled a Simca engine & tranny, 2 tractor motors & go-cart by 15. Wanted to be Ed Pink, Keith Black, or Wernher von Braun-instead became a sound engineer and worked at NASA by 24. Current gig = Software Engineering & project management guru.