Clyde’s track

Home Forums Slot Car Talk Members Tracks Clyde’s track

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

my first ever track, never had a plastic, or whatever..

saw some 1/32 cars at a hobby store, thought it was cool.. looked over it and thought why cant I make a track, started searching, and yup.. its possible.

dived head first, so excuse my mistakes, its either go big or go home – after all, we’re in Texas ?

there is a spot that hasnt been painted/foiled – going to re-route that corner to make a smoother turn.

fixed the outside 2 lanes tonight, soldered all breaks, there was a bunch 🙁 but.. its my first time man..

anyway.. as requested.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/58444456@N02/sets/72157625850576116/

Keymaster

Looks good already. Can wait to see when it is finished.

Keymaster

Very nice!

Are the main sections 4 feet deep?

Participant

Bellator wrote:

Very nice!

Are the main sections 4 feet deep?

yes, 4 feet, 16 feet long on main, and the L portion 4 feet by 5 feet long (so total on that end is 9 feet “ish”)

I havent measured the track runs yet.. really dont care

Great track! I like the fact it is three lanes.

Have you driven it yet?

Are you planning on doing some track landscaping?

Marty

Participant

I have not driven it yet, I need a few items left.

wire it up, and 2 controllers, maybe I ll buy 3 at once, but two – one for me, one for my son. I might get a parama 25ohm one for now to see how it all goes 🙄

I have found 2 more breaks in my taping, so I will solder those up tonight, and go over again with a fine tooth comb, I’ve been testing with a 9v battery just to test the circuits.

I’m hoping, I’m hoping after this weekend, all the ‘bugs’ will be fixed on the taping/track

then work on wiring next weekend I have very little time after work, I cook, take kids to bed, etc then I want to unwind and watch some motorin on TV (HD Network on Directv – channel 181, I love it!)

then its bedtime 😆

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.