Datto’s new routed track

Home Forums Slot Car Talk Members Tracks Datto’s new routed track

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    DattoDatto
    Participant

Well, I have been jonesing for some track time since the lockdown. I had been kicking around the idea of a 2 lane routed track that would breside at Hiedi’s Dad’s house in SA. There is a large, open air-conditioned sun-room. Still playing around with actual track layouts a bit, but the footprint is pretty much set. I will probably build all three tables, and do some prototyping with cardboard for finalizing the route. Below should be a photo of table#1, and a scribble of the layout. I will be bringing it into a vector program to refine the idea. Routing will not be CNC.

Sketch

Table#1

"Enjoy every sandwich"
    -Warren Zevon

chapracer65chapracer65
    Participant

Marc

Cool!  Looks like a good  layout.  Good luck with it!

Russell

porsche917porsche917

I love that design.  That looks like it will be a very fun track to run.  Let me know if you need any slot car specific tools to help with the routing.  I can’t wait to see it running.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by porsche917porsche917.
    DattoDatto
    Participant

Marty! You are a prince! It that a routing fence in the bottom pic?

Beginning to play with the shape of the lanes. I keep going back and forth on whether to have a bit of a squeeze at the chicane.

"Enjoy every sandwich"
    -Warren Zevon

porsche917porsche917

Yes, that is a routing fence.  I have two so you can put them together to make one long run.  Let me know if you want to borrow them.

I would avoid any squeeze but that’s just my opinion.

Marty

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by porsche917porsche917.
    DattoDatto
    Participant

Marty, I am definitely leaning away from a squeeze. I think it will only add frustration. The temptation keeps creeping in, though.

"Enjoy every sandwich"
    -Warren Zevon

BarkingSpyderBarkingSpyder
    Participant

Marc – great idea looks challenging. I assume 1/32:1/24 scale (not 1/43)? other mark

"Come On! Lets go space trucking!" Deep Purple

DattoDatto
    Participant

Marc – great idea looks challenging. I assume 1/32:1/24 scale (not 1/43)? <s> other mark</s>

Yes, 1/32 primarily. Maybe some small 1/24.

"Enjoy every sandwich"
    -Warren Zevon

porsche917porsche917

Marc – stay strong my friend and avoid the squeeze on your track.  Squeeze oranges, limes, lemons and your partner but not your track.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by porsche917porsche917.
    DattoDatto
    Participant

Marc – stay strong my friend and avoid the squeeze on your track. Squeeze oranges, limes, lemons and your partner but not your track.

SquEEze

"Enjoy every sandwich"
    -Warren Zevon

Attachments:
    porsche917porsche917

I just about lost my dinner looking at that picture.  You know what they say – “Too much of anything is never good”.  That image is the poster child for that statement.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.