Erik's current home track

Home Forums Slot Car Talk Members Tracks Erik's current home track

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by BarkingSpyder BarkingSpyder 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    StabnSteer
    StabnSteer
    Participant

Re-awaken this topic! This is my home HO track – a small, tight, technical closet-door track (based on the Tuckaway design from HO Slot Car Racing.com). Tomy AFX, 4 lane, no-brake driver stations (because HO didn’t come with a brake, so it doesn’t need one now!), adjustable power supply – I generally run it at 19 volts, Race Coordinator software. Runs counter-clockwise…and I’ve changed things a little to get rid of the guardrail in turn 5. Still considering ways to get rid of the one in turn 6 without endangering the cars heading through 1 and 2. It is meant to be portable and fits into the back of my station wagon. 🙂

I have all kinds of cars, as is the tendency with HO. Mostly TJet and Non-Magna traction. I do have lots of G+ (Tomy and AFX) as well as a few Tyco critters that have found their way into my pit boxes through the years. I even have one LifeLike. 

--Stabn'Steer

chapracer65
    chapracer65
    Participant

Eric

I looks like a great, compact track.  I had a Model Motoring vibrator set in 1961 and AFX in the later 60’s.  The HO track leaned up on the wall at King’s is one I built for my son in the eighties.  It was hinged to the wall over his bed and has cork board on the bottom.

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

RUSS – can you make a few adapters for your track? I believe it’s TYCO? Or can we patch in some binding posts (audio plates for home theatre will work) so we can clip on our AFX controllers and power?

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

StabnSteer

StabnSteer

Long-time slot racer. Began with AFX in early 70's and still has a TON of HO slot stuff including a 4-lane permanent raceway controlled by Race Commander and with an adjustable power supply. Raced 1/24th Brass 12, and Group 20 in late 80's in Denton and 1/24 Flexi in San Antonio in the early 90's. Raced with SCCA in early 2000's and occasionally works vintage racing events.