Moving Out of Kings

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by BarkingSpyder BarkingSpyder 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

ALL – to update our moving inventory, please either post here or email me the stuff you moved out this Sat. I will update the inventory (a tab in our membership sheet).

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

FYI – I was racing “nice-car” on Sunday and later Tom showed me his post. He left out the fact that he has Plenty of space for the rally track, our tool boxes, and a small race computer desk. He also re-iterated clearly that he does NOT care what we run (incl. BRMs, RevoSlots, ScaleAutos, NSRs) and will NOT restrict us to only running cars that we bought from him. He has a HORNBY account and can source Slot.IT parts and cars (and of course Scalextric). The 3/32 axles he sells for 1/24 fit our 1/32s. Did I mention the place is air-conditioned : )  He has an access door thru his warehouse and a forklift.  The location is easy to get to and only 20 minutes from Kings, about the same as the storage place we looked at on Saturday.

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

I have a contact who will rent out a 30 x 9-ft flatbed for $100/hr, which includes him as driver, the goose-neck flatbed, and his truck with 3rd-wheel.
    Based on moving the two tracks he estimated a total time of 4 to 6 hours and quoted an estimated total of $500. *the actual price will depend on the actual time spent waiting for the tracks to be loaded, transport, off-load and if 2 or more trips are necessary. The only firm quote is $100/hr and he has No Minimum and No mileage rate.
    All he needs is two days notice; he said he would prioritize our move over others (c/o the connection we have). I gave him the general schedule of sometime in Aug, most likely between the 2nd and 4th week. He did not state any restrictions on specific week-days.

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

I will be removing and cleaning the Refers this weekend. Can’t wait until they are full again and we can use them while racing!

BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.