Tagged: 2018-NSR Rally-Clio-vs-Punto
- July 7, 2018 at 9:58 AM #12731
UNSPRUNG ‘FLOPPY’ DROP-ARM TEST RESULTS
— 2-3gm -in the “V” behind the guide boss hole- will help keep the guide seated in the slot.
— The long-shaft may bind in the pinch-turn in the valley, try a short-shaft guide (pop-in or screw)
— You may also want to experiment with having the wires under or over the bridge.
... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red BarchettaJuly 13, 2018 at 11:09 AM #12744
IMPORTANT RULE UPDATES OR CLARIFICATIONS
1. Guide – ANY NSR guide is allowed they are all about the same. DO NOT TRIM the blade to 7.5MM length – that was a TYPO – sorry!! the stock length of 17.5mm works Fine.
Drop-arm – to-date there does not seem to be an obvious advantage between Sprung, Firm, Floppy.
2. Wheels – Stock out of the box wheels are allowed Front-NSR5003 (17x8mm), Rear-NSR5004(17x10mm) Measured at the rim they may be 16mm dia. Just use what came with the car!
3. Tires – Supergrips seem best, you need some drift. Make sure your tires are camphered/rounded on the shoulder. To help drift we are ‘cleaning’ the track only by running; a very light dust seems to be Ok to allow drift. You will need to experiment with your brake setting, too heavy will make you chatter in the curves and lose at least a hundredth as compared to coasting thru.4. Duration – just like WTC – 40laps, no yellow lights (unless a major major problem has occurred)
4. Float – as on the road track, a loose pod seems best; plus moderately loose body screws. Tape your pod screws since they are so short and the enhanced vibration of the rally course will make them drop quickly.
5. Spur – even on the stock spur gears you may get some friction from an almost undetectable rub against the chassis-a very thin washer between the spur Shank and the Oilite bush will cure the rub. Inline gears are open-choice (e.g. Slot.It allowed). AW and SW must be NSR.
6. Baseline times: These are quicker than WTC – average times at first will be 6.9-7.1, bad > 7.3
6.6-6.8 are currently “very good” – Best times in practice to-date have been 6.4.
... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.