PINION PRESS-HOLDING MOTOR TRICK

Home Forums Slot Car Talk Tech Tips / Q & A / Tutorials PINION PRESS-HOLDING MOTOR TRICK

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I recently stumbled across the below video regarding how to conveniently hold a motor in the “channel” of a pinion press such as the Slot.IT (TL01) and NINCO (80201) presses.  The video is for a SlotingPlus press (SP140004), but the trick would work for any “channel-style” presses.

Simply – get some 1, 1.5, 1.75  diameter O-Rings – what can fit snugly around the body of the Press. These are used to hold in the motor as you fumble around putting the pinion onto the pinion block or the dual-pin press.

https://www.professormotor.com/product-p/sp140004.htm

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BarkingSpyder

At 4-years old in Pensacola I repaired my steering linkage on my Ford Pedal-car. Dad later converted this car to a Blue Angel with ailerons and elevators with a working "stick/yoke"; the rudder was controlled by the steering wheel. I like all motorsports - I grew up going to a NASCAR Feeder track with Sportsman and Modified classes, and was lucky to attend drag races in 1970 at Orange County Raceway. My first solder-iron was a Christmas gift at 9yo; I modified T-Jets to be AFX spec before AFX Cars were in local stores. I rebuilt a few tractor & car (SIMCA) engines plus transmissions by 15yo (I still have my ring-compressor and valve spring tool) I am a former mountain and road bike geek & perennial sound engineer. Struggling guitar hobbyist and Amp "tweeker"