Racing at Capitol City Slot Cars

Home Forums Slot Car Talk Comercial Track Locations & Reviews Racing at Capitol City Slot Cars

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by BarkingSpyder BarkingSpyder 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BarkingSpyder
    BarkingSpyder
    Participant

June 8 I raced at Tom’s track; a 1/24 LMP race (flexi style chassis with Hawk-7 motor (48k)) followed by a GTP race ($13 fee for each). Nine racers participated – 2 from Houston, 3-4 from San Antonio, the remaining 4-5 were locals.
    De-slots were common as everyone (except for 3 locals) was still learning the tracks topology. The hard pinch in the middle of the track requires extensive braking and a very fine push through the curve, followed by a punch as you hit the flat straight. Next is the hillclimb/donut which can be carried with mid-range speed. The killer is the “S” connecting back to the main banked straight.
    As you come out of the donut you go into a slight climb, followed immediately by a drop in the left-hand swing into the southside bank. Other than the pinch this is the most notorious de-slot spot.  Next it’s full throttle around the D-bank until the small curve leading into the inside strait which precedes the pinch/hairpin.

Very addictive speed. Lots of contact and carnage at this point in the track’s (and clientele’s ) history. It’s like a newly discovered surfing spot, better take a big chill-pill if you don’t want your groove thrown off by contact =:O . Next race is early July in SanAntonio/Magnatech.

... Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar! Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime... Rush - Red Barchetta

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by BarkingSpyder BarkingSpyder.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BarkingSpyder

BarkingSpyder

Overhauled a Simca engine & tranny, 2 IH tractor motors & go-cart by 15. Aspired to be Ed Pink, Smokey Yunick, or Wernher von Braun - instead I became a sound engineer and worked at NASA.