Slot It DTM Proxy Race

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations Slot It DTM Proxy Race

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    BarkingSpyderBarkingSpyder
    Participant

M2 Tap for “chasing” the threads for the Upper Axle Height Setting grub Screw
    https://www.micromark.com/Metric-Tap
    M2.0x40 #82321T $12.**

Normally, you would also need a Clearance drill bit, (such as creating a new hole for a fixing screw on a Wheel; yet based on experience, it’s easier and faster just to buy a new rim!)
    For the Slot.IT Uprights a Clearance Bit is Not Necessary.
    Likewise – a pin vise, or a few wraps of tape, is all you need as a holder/driver for tapping plastic.

"Come On! Lets go space trucking!" Deep Purple

Participant

micromark.com/Metric-Tap
    M2.0x40 #82321T $12.**

Normally, you would also need a Clearance drill bit, (such as creating a new hole for a fixing screw on a Wheel; yet based on experience, it’s easier and faster just to buy a new rim!)
    Likewise – a pin vise, or a few wraps of tape, is all you need as a holder/driver for tapping plastic.

DattoDatto
    Participant

micromark.com/Metric-Tap
    M2.0x40 #82321T $12.**

Yes, a pin-vise works well. The traditional T-handle is overkill, and more difficult house without wobbling.

The plastic pin on the axle insert (the part we all remove) is 1.85mm. Under a mm, so running an M2 grub screw into that hole is most likely causing outward forces on the hole. Asking for a break in those delicate upper loops. If nothing else, the tap and pin vise give you a nice, true ‘start’

Upper-Loop

"Enjoy every sandwich"
    -Warren Zevon

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by DattoDatto.
    Attachments:
    DattoDatto
    Participant

and more difficult TO USE without wobbling.

Forum would not allow me to edit post.

"Enjoy every sandwich"
    -Warren Zevon

DattoDatto
    Participant

I have discovered an issue with the Mercedes 190. When the deep wood guide is installed, it rubs against the back of a plastic insert on the body (inside of brake ducts) Is it against the rules to remove material from the insert, or the guide to ensure free movement?

"Enjoy every sandwich"
    -Warren Zevon

Participant

Marc – thanks for the ID of the upper holes.  Good idea on the tap.

Participant

and more difficult TO USE without wobbling. Forum would not allow me to edit post.

Unfortunately the current release of WordPress is finicky and inconsistent; esp. when adding either (a) an image or (b) a URL.  (I usually remove the https and www from URLs in order to add them to a post.)

Also – sometimes the browser affects what you can see.  I have stopped using Internet Explorer since it is so wonky with the ASCC site.

If you have additional issues contact Brian to work out the problem.

ButchButch
    Participant

Not sure how many drivers there is for DTM. I would like to race this time. I hope we have enough so we can rotate drivers and lanes.

porsche917porsche917

David – thanks for volunteering.  How many other members would like to race in the DTM proxy?  How many would like to be corner marshals?

I will volunteer to corner marshal and to do commentary.

Marty

Lotus jr.Lotus jr.
    Participant

Marty,

Would like to race as well.

Lotus Jr.

porsche917porsche917

Got it John.  Thanks .

DattoDatto
    Participant

I had mentioned some wood-guide clearance issues with ehe Marc 190. The wood guide is much squarer than the stock guide. Marty gave me the go ahead to remove m=some material did not take much. An X-acto on the guide cutout, and a dremel on the backside of the front valence, and we are free for running. The main culprits were two tiny vertical bits behind the license plate. I used the small Dremel sanding drum, the regular one would not fit between the mounting post and the backside of the front valence.

It is a tight fit

Body-fit-small

"Enjoy every sandwich"
    -Warren Zevon

Attachments:
    DattoDatto
    Participant

I had three pictures in this post, but only one, the least useful showed up. Sheesh…

"Enjoy every sandwich"
    -Warren Zevon

DattoDatto
    Participant

I know better than to try and edit a post now.

"Enjoy every sandwich"
    -Warren Zevon

porsche917porsche917

Picture or no picture, its good to hear you were able to make it work.  Can’t wait to see the Mercedes on the track.

Marty

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.