Slot It DTM Proxy Race

Home Forums Club Races Racing Calendar, Classes & Regulations Slot It DTM Proxy Race

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    porsche917porsche917

Here are some comments from John on getting his Opel set up for the Houston track with C1 tires and the stock guide:

“As a side note, I installed a stock type guide and 1167 C1s which were take offs close in size to F30s onto the Opel. Ran a few laps and the C1s were not near as bad as I thought. Include the F30s in the box just in case. Gave Mark my car to send to Houston. If I mailed it from home it would take 2 days longer to get either to Austin or Houston.”

Radial TARadial TA
    Participant

I’m curious to know if anyone has insight into why Flippy the Red Spoiler MB was so prone to over turn.  I took out all of the weight before the series because testing showed me much slower and one of our rapid members did not have any weight added (Opel).  I am going to get the stock tires that I glued and trued back on the car and put the stock guide back in.  Should I add a tungsten weight front, or middle, or rear (seemed very bad in testing).  or should I put some lead tape on the middle outside chassis?  I am not changing from the green gear.  I also noticed the BFGoodrich decal on the driver side was missing and that should not have upset the balance.  Thanks for the BFG Radial plug Marty. 🙂

When and where are the cars being gathered for shipment to Houston?

Thanks to all of the drivers who did a heroic service to us in the proxy race here.

Radial TARadial TA
    Participant

I figured I missed the note from Marty on the drop off date for shipping.  Sure enough.  Nice work Marty.

porsche917porsche917

ALL – Additional set up note for the HSARC track

“So on car set up, you have it nailed. Our braid recess is pretty much zero (we really aimed to have it  be flush when we built the track). On Slot .It cars we run guides at stock, no spacers.” – Russell Cox from HSARC.

porsche917porsche917

UPDATE – The HSARC is now broadcasting their races live on YouTube!  They broadcast their first races this past weekend.  It’s worth watching the races to get a sense of what their track looks like and how the cars run on it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh-zr43UVh4&t=45s.

They will be broadcasting the DTM Proxy races.  They will be installing more cameras for more views in the very near future.

porsche917porsche917

UPDATE – The HSARC is now broadcasting their races live on YouTube!  They broadcast their first races this past weekend.  It’s worth watching the races to get a sense of what their track looks like and how the cars run on it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh-zr43UVh4&t=45s.

They will be broadcasting the DTM Proxy races.  They will be installing more cameras for more views in the very near future.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.