TRACK CLEANER TRUCK-CONTROLLER

Home Forums ASCC Club Track All About the Track TRACK CLEANER TRUCK-CONTROLLER

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

NEW SWEEPER TRUCK CONTROLLER

TRACK CLEANER TRUCK-CONTROLLER
      I replaced the Blue Parma with a large wattage rheostat in a grey box. Open the box lid and carefully pull out the controller cable. Plug the cable in. DO NOT ADJUST the knob!
      Dress the truck with a Fresh Swifter; place on the track and let go. To adjust the speed, firmly hold the box and Slowly move the knob clockwise (righty) to go Faster, left = slower.
      DO NOT use the Speed Control Knob to Turn OFF or ON the truck.
      To stop the truck, wait until it reaches the Tire Cleaning Tape, then using your thumb on the release, pull out the XLR plug. Move the plug to the next lane and place the truck on that lane;  repeat.CONTROLLER PLUGGED IN

IMPORTANT – you have to install the Swifter Correctly or it does not work well.  The “smooth” side stays up, the fluffy side with the ribbons – stays DOWN.

After you have installed a fresh swifter, you must Sweep back the leading ribbons, or they can get caught by the rear tire!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BarkingSpyder

At 4-years old in Pensacola I repaired my steering linkage on my Ford Pedal-car. Dad later converted this car to a Blue Angel with ailerons and elevators with a working "stick/yoke"; the rudder was controlled by the steering wheel. I like all motorsports - I grew up going to a NASCAR Feeder track with Sportsman and Modified classes, and was lucky to attend drag races in 1970 at Orange County Raceway. My first solder-iron was a Christmas gift at 9yo; I modified T-Jets to be AFX spec before AFX Cars were in local stores. I rebuilt a few tractor & car (SIMCA) engines plus transmissions by 15yo (I still have my ring-compressor and valve spring tool) I am a former mountain and road bike geek & perennial sound engineer. Struggling guitar hobbyist and Amp "tweeker"